Talk

Advanced search

Series reccomendation???

(17 Posts)
Nellysgirl Sat 01-Mar-14 23:06:54

MN'ers, I need help.
I am a series junkie and love the likes of real & desperate housewives, the oc, gossip girl & one tree hill.
Finally managed to persuade DP to watch a series with me and breaking bad came highly recommended by pretty much everyone I speak to. So we were enthralled but now we have sadly finished the final episode. Is there anything out there similar in terms of gripping tv suitable for us both to watch (he hates my usual stuff). Preferably available on netflix? I want to try and introduce something new while he is still interested to watch a series as it took 3 years to get him to try bb.
Thanks in advance smile

lambchopfiend Mon 03-Mar-14 11:35:28

The Wire. By far and away the best series ever. Can't recommend it highly enough.

FrankelInFoal Mon 03-Mar-14 21:15:14

West Wing, if you haven't already seen it.

BOFtastic Mon 03-Mar-14 21:20:00

I found The West Wing a bit dated, tbh. Have you looked at Orange Is The New Black ? Lillehammer is excellent, as is The Bridge. We both enjoyed The Killing too.

whatevermaycome Tue 04-Mar-14 15:56:00

House of Cards is good if you haven't already seen it ...

AngelaDaviesHair Tue 04-Mar-14 16:26:13

The Good Wife is good. Glossy but surprisingly gripping. And often funny.

curlingandtwirling Tue 04-Mar-14 16:34:01

Damages. I loved it, all 5 series available on Netflix.

DevlinMaccabee Wed 05-Mar-14 06:38:16

What about Dexter or Fringe?

DevlinMaccabee Wed 05-Mar-14 06:39:36

Or even Prison Break or 24.

AmysTiara Wed 05-Mar-14 21:26:48

I second The Bridge, it is fantastic. How about 24 or Californication?

LightastheBreeze Thu 06-Mar-14 06:36:16

Definitely Prison Break, 24 and Dexter as mentioned upthread. I'm going to try the original House of Cards next.

Cooroo Thu 06-Mar-14 06:42:40

DP and I were big BB fans and have struggled to find anything as good. However Orange got us hooked and it's worth sticking with as the characters really build through the series.

Now we're in the what next gap too! I wasn't keen on Sons of Anarchy, but quite liked a couple of episodes of Justified. Also love all the Scandinavian series so Lillehammer definitely on the list.

milkysmum Thu 06-Mar-14 07:05:50

dh and I both loved homeland and currently watching the following

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Mar-14 07:14:23

House of cards.

guineapiglet Thu 06-Mar-14 09:10:03

justified is brilliant. Brilliant. and we loved BB... but Raylan??? Timothy Olyphant....what more do you need!

love Sons of Anarchy as well .....

scarletforya Thu 06-Mar-14 09:16:49

I second Justified. Deadwood too, is brilliant. Sons of Anarchy is great as well. The Wire was great and Breaking Bad, sniff, I miss it so much. Will I hate House of Cards if I hated the West Wing. Political thrillers bore me rigid?

pussycatdoll Thu 06-Mar-14 09:19:01

The Good Wife is getting better and better in my opinion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now