Talk

Advanced search

Awful Egghead Programme

(15 Posts)
EmNetta Fri 28-Feb-14 10:50:47

Anyone else finding CJ's unpleasant manner on this new programme is unwatchable? The original had such a nice atmosphere, but making a feature of his arrogant manner just doesn't work as humour or entertainment. I've stopped watching.

curlingandtwirling Fri 28-Feb-14 11:26:00

Me! I've always thought he's a complete arse. Didn't you know he used to be a model?!

DH is always commenting. I can't repeat what he says though blush

teaandthorazine Fri 28-Feb-14 12:10:59

Oh, he's a massive twat. A sneery, pompous twat. Can't stand him.

EduCated Fri 28-Feb-14 12:14:24

He was lovely to me when I met him.

EmNetta Fri 28-Feb-14 13:24:43

Yes, I'd heard about the modelling, and the name-change, but always assumed his attitude was meant to be funny as rest of the team seemed to get on with him, and I can believe EduCated, but I believe
the present programme is a big mistake and should be stopped .

forbreakfast Fri 28-Feb-14 13:38:06

I'd heard, from a reliable source, that he is almost as dreadful and sneery in person and off screen.

polyhymnia Fri 28-Feb-14 15:46:17

Oh dear - had given him benefit of doubt and thought the programme makers were encouraging him to adopt a 'nasty'' persona ( cf Anne Robinson).

Hope the original programme hasn't gone for good - anyone know if it's returning? Sort of thought/hoped this was maybe a short interlude!

sussexmum38 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:49:46

Echo comments about him being an utter twat. How did this programme make it to airing. Utter crap.

EduCated Fri 28-Feb-14 15:50:13

Have to say, I haven't seen the new programme.

If you're on Twitter, Robert Dean, one of the producers, is fun to follow @eggheadproducer

EmNetta Fri 28-Feb-14 16:17:13

Think you're probably right poly, just hope this is a really, really short interlude.

Can't Twitter Edu, but might have a go just to see any relevant comments (like apologies to the license-payers).

invicta Sun 02-Mar-14 15:18:16

Haven't seen the new programme. What have they done to change it?

EmNetta Mon 03-Mar-14 23:55:41

It's completely changed, invicta, as now only CJ without rest of the team, and he gets to ask questions (and be generally unpleasant). I can't wait to get back to the usual team quizzing.

invicta Tue 04-Mar-14 08:06:00

That's a shame. It was always a nice, tea time quiz, such as Countdown, something you could watch, tax your brains a little, but perfectly harmless. It didn't need spicing up.

WanderingAway Fri 07-Mar-14 09:07:53

I watched it the other day. It is nothing like eggheads so dont know why it is even associated with it.

It was alright but i would only probably watch it if it was already on.

ppeatfruit Fri 07-Mar-14 11:04:45

I started another thread about this. I was waiting for C.J. to be replaced in the 2nd week by one of the other eggheads which would've improved it IMO.
C.J's okay in small doses but he CAN be quite funny and I like the way Jeremy Vine gets his own back on him. Dh (he's in the business) reckons that CJ makes good telly due to his bitchy act.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now