Talk

Advanced search

Strippers Channel 4

(7 Posts)
Snappyteabread Wed 26-Feb-14 11:14:58

Anyone watch this last night? It made me sad. I always thought strippers earned loads of cash, but clearly they don't. The girl, Lavinia said she made £1500 in a month. Now that's not bad money, but I thought strippers and pole dancers made mega bucks. For that money I would have thought they would be a lot happier in a normal job. Also thought it kind of odd that a guy would go there so often, like the guy they interviewed did. I think he is kind of deluded to think they are Like family. Shame he couldn't just go and get a normal hobby to fill his evenings!
Also couldn't believe the girl Danielle agreed to do the filming, but hadn't told her parents what she was doing for a living. That is brave!!
So whAt did you all think?

Snappyteabread Wed 26-Feb-14 20:41:27

Has no one else watched this yet?
www.channel4.com/programmes/strippers

sleepdodger Wed 26-Feb-14 22:19:35

I did and was fascinated
Also someone who thought they would have earned more
My friend has danced before no idea whether it was lucrative or not!

WanderingAway Thu 27-Feb-14 12:53:46

I have it recorded but havent watched it yet. I want to watch it because i used to pass the place all the time so i am fascinated to see what it is like inside.

Chottie Fri 28-Feb-14 17:31:49

I was surprised they earned so little too. Do you think there are better tips in London? the hours were long and antisocial too (6 nights a week!)

fromparistoberlin Fri 28-Feb-14 22:24:01

its such a scam, they get paid �10 for a private dance sad

depressing

AlwaysOneMissing Sat 08-Mar-14 22:30:52

I'm watching this on 4OD.
The club charges £10 per dance, the strippers get only £5-8 per dance. It makes me feel sad for them. It just doesn't seem worth it.
But it doesn't seem as seedy as I imagined it would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now