Talk

Advanced search

New Series of The Planners

(9 Posts)
GreenShadow Tue 25-Feb-14 20:16:52

I love this programme - partly that, like so many on MN, I love a good neighbour against neighbour dispute, but also because part of my job involves working with planning applications.

OverAndAbove Tue 25-Feb-14 20:19:58

Oh, when's it on? I love it too. I really sympathise with planning officers as they always get the flack for applying policy and no one ever says thank you...

GreenShadow Tue 25-Feb-14 20:28:26

You've just missed the first one - it was on 7pm BBC2, but don't worry - it's back on again tomorrow....and the next day and Friday as well.

And yes, planners really can't win can they.

Were we live, there've been so many applications that the district council have refused go to appeal and then be allowed by the Secretary of State totally against local wishes.

PlanningOfficer Tue 25-Feb-14 20:38:21

I was on it last year. I remember being desperate to contribute to the MN thread about it but having to sit on my hands.

I've got it recorded as 7pm is bedtime. We've all been looking forward to it in the office.

What do you do Green?

Oh and I've name changed obviously!

Seminyak Tue 25-Feb-14 20:41:17

I watched it - I hated it but have set it up to record the whole series because I kind of love it haha. These people's vitriol is exhausting. The poor planners!! All these opposers must have such small lives.

maxmissie Tue 25-Feb-14 20:44:34

I'm a planner and can't bear to watch it! don't want to be reminded of my job when I'm at home!

OverAndAbove Tue 25-Feb-14 21:02:27

Oh good, I shall catch it on iplayer then. Thanks!

GreenShadow Tue 25-Feb-14 21:13:58

I may be on it in the background this year PlanningOfficer, although definitely not in a speaking role.
I work for a parish council, so we only respond to applications rather than make decisions. We've already had one of our applications on today's show so it was rather nice seeing a (very) little of what went on behind the scenes after we had made our response.

PlanningOfficer Tue 25-Feb-14 21:39:00

Ah the good old parish council. Do they ever recommend anything is approved? grin

I like seeing the fact that actually it's the same everywhere else. I've had 'shame on you' (and worse) shouted at me numerous times from the gallery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now