Talk

Advanced search

Silk is back tomorrow night

(22 Posts)
AnneWentworth Sun 23-Feb-14 22:39:31

I haven't missed an episode already have I.

I have so little time for TV that it is governed entirely by the superficiality of attractive men so I will be watching for Mr. Penry-Jones.

Zingy123 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:54:42

Yes love this. Maxine Peake is a great actress, loved her in Shameless too. Don't get the RPJ thing though he doesn't do it for me.

NotQuitePerfect Mon 24-Feb-14 08:27:14

Can't wait. Maxine Peake utterly brilliant in everything she does.

AnneWentworth Mon 24-Feb-14 13:40:49

She is great actually, I also like Billy he is a brilliant character.

That's cool, I will keep Roo all to myself.

babybarrister Tue 25-Feb-14 09:27:22

utter bollocks - had me and my colleagues cringing FB eachother from start to finish ....

the idea that a court is left open for shagging is a joke - they are always locked - the only people who could possibly shag in a court would be the ushers [who have the keys!] or the judges ....

and believe me no-one would ever want to miss a moment of their own silk's party even if Brad Pitt was presented for them naked on a plate ....!

LucyLasticBand Tue 25-Feb-14 09:32:58

i saw this for the first time last night.
i missed any shagging ! shock

was quite good, i do like maxine peake.

aoife24 Wed 26-Feb-14 18:32:30

I'm with you Lucy, didn't see any court shagging either.

AlpacaLypse Wed 26-Feb-14 18:34:35

Bother. Will have to go to BBC iPlayer and that won't work properly for hours! (the great rural highspeed broadband roll out hasn't rolled this far yet)

LaurieFairyCake Wed 26-Feb-14 18:35:56

I was really disappointed with it and I just didn't believe her romance or her being so unprofessional/blinkered when it came to her client.

Dreadful storyline - and I believe they had obligations as court officers to get medical help immediately they found their client was suffering schizophrenia

JohnnyUtah Wed 26-Feb-14 18:36:31

Oh blimey, it was awful. Just awful. Maxine Peake appears to be a senior barrister who doesn't know any actual law and represents based almost entirely on prejudice. I don't remember the other series being this bad.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 26-Feb-14 18:38:44

I loved the last series (and I love Maxine Peake), but this was shite.
The plot was very un-gripping, and the romance seemed really unbelievable. What has happened, did they get new writers?

nennypops Wed 26-Feb-14 20:49:13

I rather agree with the consensus here. It always irritates me when they do that thing of barristers winning cases single-handedly without their instructing solicitor being in evidence at all, let alone doing anything to prepare the case, find and line up witnesses etc that is, like, y'know, their job.

The case would take a long time to come to trial, are we really supposed to believe that absolutely no-one in the remand prison noticed the kid's schizophrenia?

And as for that nonsense with the police notebook, I was shouting at the TV. Surely the first evidence the Prosecution would have got would be the notebooks, they wouldn't ignore them; and even if they had, a half competent defence team would have got them weeks before the trial, not left it to the QC to get hold of a few days beforehand. And the police officer would have known they'd asked for copies, so he'd have had to be staggeringly stupid to alter the notebook entry afterwards.

AnneWentworth Wed 26-Feb-14 22:05:18

Yes it was a bit of a let down after last series.

umpity Fri 28-Feb-14 11:38:46

Like SILK originally then went orf it.

truelymadlysleepy Tue 11-Mar-14 17:29:12

Is anybody else still watching?
I'd love to know if the Clarks really run the show IRL.

Icimoi Tue 11-Mar-14 18:38:54

I thought last night's was better, at least there was a solicitor in evidence this week. I think clerks do still have a lot of influence but more and more barristers' chambers are effectively being run as a business which is where the practice manager idea comes in.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 11-Mar-14 18:41:22

I'm still watching , love it

truelymadlysleepy Tue 11-Mar-14 18:45:43

Clerks blush.
I thought Claire Skinner was exceptional as the bereaved mother.
Wondering if Martha will be the new head of chambers.

babybarrister Tue 11-Mar-14 20:31:18

If Matha has half a brain she wont want to go anywhere near being head of chambers!

fussychica Wed 12-Mar-14 19:09:34

Better episode last night.

truelymadlysleepy Wed 19-Mar-14 18:46:13

I'm wondering why Billy should be excused putting his hand on Amy's knee because he is ill.

truelymadlysleepy Wed 02-Apr-14 06:45:48

I watched the final episode last night & am horribly confused. Where has Martha gone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now