Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else love Jedwards big adventure and Genius with Dick and Dom?

(13 Posts)
LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Feb-14 20:13:52

I know Jedward can be very annoying but the programes very entertaining-not least cos Jim (horrible histories) Howick does the most brilliant funny narration. and DC wants to go to all the places they go to.

Dick and Dom. very funny and informative too, and the hilarious way they conduct experiments.

well done CBBC.

what else> All over the place is brill too.

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Feb-14 20:31:34

anyone? admittedly after 5 mins with the Jeds id be putting gaffa tape over their mouths but they are very good on kids tv. think they've found their niche there.

theliverpoolone Sat 22-Feb-14 20:34:43

DD (6) enjoys Jedward's big adventure, and she'd never seen them before this. Some of the 'jokes' go a bit over her head though.

WhoWasThatMaskedWoman Sat 22-Feb-14 20:36:05

I like Jedward's Big Adventure, I think they've finally found their niche. I have heard good things about Genius, but not yet seen - need to convince DCs that they should be watching CBBC instead of Youtube Minecraft videos or Great Ship Disaster documentaries on Quest.

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Feb-14 20:38:00

Im sure your DCs would love Dick and Dom.

DebbieOfMaddox Sat 22-Feb-14 20:40:39

I think Jedward's Big Adventure has finally found the right format for their childlike air of enthusiasm and naïveté -- it'd be irritating in most situations but it's just what the show needs to make it work.

And, yes, Genius seems pretty good to me too. I had a bit of a downer on Dick and Dom when my DCs were Cbeebies age and I only caught occasional snatches of them, but they actually produce some pretty good stuff without being too irritating.

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Feb-14 20:42:35

yes. Id like to like Sam and Mark (DC likes them) but I find them annoying.

But Dick and Dom have sort of taken over the Chuckle brothers mantle as it were, and I hope they stay in childrens tv as they fit there, as do theJeds.

DebbieOfMaddox Sat 22-Feb-14 20:45:37

DD1 likes Sam and Mark, mostly Mark ("I wish Mark lived with us and was my Daddy. Or maybe an uncle. Because I like Daddy and I like Mark and I like Sam too, but not as much as Mark or Daddy.")

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Feb-14 20:47:35

Debbie grin. mine wants one of the HH guys (ANY of the guys) to be her daddy! and I wouldn't mind which JimHOwick.

One of the reasons I love Jedwards BA is Jims voice on it!

CMOTDibbler Sat 22-Feb-14 20:52:08

The Dick and Dom one is brilliant, and I really like the variety of scientists/engineers that they've covered

SomethingkindaOod Sat 22-Feb-14 23:47:33

Dick and Dom are great, that Genius programme is really good! I would have loved to see them in Spamalot over Christmas but couldn't get down to London sadly. Glad to see they stopped trying to be the new Ant and Dec and stayed in children's tv, it's what they're best at.
Not sure I could watch a full programme with Jedward in though.. grin

DebbieOfMaddox Sun 23-Feb-14 07:57:15

Oh, she wants to go to one of the HH guy's houses for tea, so she's not considering such a permanent relationship with them grin. Maybe when Jim is happily ensconced at your house you could invite us round?

LetZygonsbeZygons Sun 23-Feb-14 17:26:13

sure will! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now