Talk

Advanced search

Bob & Rose

(8 Posts)
Nessalina Fri 21-Feb-14 21:07:11

Just discovered this show - I'm a bit of a New Whovian so been taking in RTD's back catalogue!
It's just the most adorable romantic thing ever, wanted to share the love! I have such a soft spot for Alan Davies grin

theliverpoolone Fri 21-Feb-14 22:15:51

I used to love Bob and Rose! Would love to see it again. Used to have a cd of the soundtrack, which I remember having some great (of the time) music on it.

florencedombey Sat 22-Feb-14 08:41:11

I have the DVD. I think it's brilliant. I watch it whenever I need cheering up.

Hobbes8 Sat 22-Feb-14 08:44:47

Aww I used to love this programme. I had it on video but never upgraded to the DVD. I loved Jessica Stevenson in it as well - she's fab in everything.

LittleBearPad Sat 22-Feb-14 08:45:52

I loved it. Also had the video

somedizzywhore1804 Sat 22-Feb-14 08:52:45

I watched this last weekend- the whole thing is on YouTube. Lovely little drama- Alan Davies is weirdly sexy in it, I always think, and I'm a sucker for a love story. "I'm gay. I was born gay and when I die I'll have a gay gravestone!" grin

Have you seen Queer as Folk, OP? RTDs best writing bar none.

nothruroad Sat 22-Feb-14 09:09:13

I loved this too - must look for it on Youtube. I'd completely forgotten about it.

Nessalina Sat 22-Feb-14 09:45:34

Yes, I loved Queer as Folk when it was on telly, I'll have to give it another go! I've been reading The Writer's Tale by RTD where he talks about writing Dr Who (great read for Who fans!) and he references Bob & Rose so much, I thought I had to see it smile Penelope Wilton is amazing, as is Jessica Stevenson, it's such a good cast! I'm amazed it's not more well known.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now