Talk

Advanced search

The Smoke on Sky1

(23 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Wed 19-Feb-14 10:19:29

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Jamie Bamber is a gorgeous fireman!

Although I found the last five minutes of the episode absolutely gut wrenching. I watched it last night and am still thinking about it this morning. sad

ILikeToClean Fri 21-Feb-14 12:56:43

Sky +d to watch next week! Will report back...

Choccyjules Fri 21-Feb-14 21:39:09

I decided it was too much for me. I turned over after a while then went back to it and finished the episode. But don't think I'll be back. Sometimes there is too much grit and realism for my tired brain to cope with. I can see why it will be popular though, it's well done.

PeanutPatty Sat 22-Feb-14 20:25:42

I found it a bit hard hitting and I will try to persevere but will have to see.

As soon as I saw the new recruit I knew it was HIM.

ILikeToClean Fri 28-Feb-14 13:26:04

Finally watched the first episode! Thought it was really good, liked the contrast they showed in Jamie Bamber's character between the banter and mucking around and the internal trauma that he can't express - think this is going to be a good series!

Ellenora5 Fri 28-Feb-14 17:53:26

I thought it was great, very harrowing at the end of the first episode, yep PeanutPatty I coped that aswell, I haven't seen this weeks yet but will watch it over the weekend, the trailer looks good

QOD Fri 28-Feb-14 22:39:26

It's brilliant! I came on here to see if anyone knew when it started DOH, just caught up on sky Go
Love it

PeanutPatty Sat 01-Mar-14 11:03:06

The second episode with the suicide was sad and shocking but I didn't feel as though they focused on it enough or gave it enough attention after? Or is that just me?

So predictable with Mal and the Gaffa's missus. Bit disappointed that it was scripted actually.

The little girl, is that Gog's sister?

QOD Sat 01-Mar-14 12:33:32

Think it was gog sister yes, I know the emergency contraception box was so WE could see it and all that but AS IF you'd leave it in the box ffs

Do people really do all that bonky shaggin one night stand stuff?

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Sun 02-Mar-14 12:42:37

Not sure I am enjoying it as much as I want to. At risk of sounding like my mother, there seems to be too much sex and not enough fire and rescue!!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 02-Mar-14 22:47:35

I did a post about this the other week

Enjoying

Good to have a fire programme again - miss London's burning tho finished years ago sad

Can't believe she shagged his best mate sad

And the new fireman is the one who started the fire that burned him is that right? sad

They showed his tattooed bum last week

QOD Mon 03-Mar-14 21:23:05

I think so, asbo

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 03-Mar-14 22:30:01

Yes, asbo is definitely the one that beat him up while he was lying in the burning building. I wonder why he joined the fire service? Is he still a bad guy?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 03-Mar-14 23:57:15

I think he feels guilty and ashamed about what he did. Even had a little tear in his eye when in the park

cherryhealey Sat 08-Mar-14 19:52:28

Just watched first episode....think I am going to be hooked.

Ellenora5 Sat 08-Mar-14 21:55:56

Oh dear, I didnt like the 3rd episode at all, not sure I'll bother with the rest of it, bit disappointed with it now, the first one was great but went downhill after that

QOD Sat 08-Mar-14 22:20:57

When the bloody heck was the 3 rd one? I've got it as Tuesday? Am I watching the repeats?

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Sun 09-Mar-14 09:38:54

I think you can watch it early online if you have Sky On Demand or Sky Go. I know I watched the first episode before it was on telly.
I haven't watched the third one yet. Do they put out any fires? Or is it more sulking, slamming doors and having sex with each other? grin

PeanutPatty Sun 09-Mar-14 14:30:17

More sex in toilets, more violence and a bloke stuck up a skyscraper.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 09-Mar-14 15:05:23

Qod - new episode is on a thur so yes you must be watching repeats if only on 2nd and watch tue

Havnt seen last weeks yet but why didn't you like it ellenora

Wineoclocksomewhere Sun 09-Mar-14 15:08:42

It's not just a rehash of Chicago Fire is it? I thought the trailers looked suspiciously similar and there's a lot of this 'do a version of something that's already been done in a different country' about?

Anyone watched both who can advise?

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Wed 12-Mar-14 20:45:49

I've just caught up with ep 3. I was ready to be disappointed but I found it quite watchable. I thought there was a bit more humour in it. I really like asbo's mum as a character. I thought it was a bit chilling at the end with the lad looking through the letter box!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 12-Mar-14 21:11:33

I thought was good. Not sure why others didn't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now