Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about netflix....

(12 Posts)
nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Wed 19-Feb-14 08:04:20

as the title says really - anyone got it? how is it? what sort of series are available? new films?

thanks smile

Llareggub Wed 19-Feb-14 08:07:26

It's worth it just for House of Cards and Orange is the new Black. You can sign up for a free month and give it a go.

Never once watched a film on there.

DearPrudence Wed 19-Feb-14 08:11:35

If you can easily afford it, it's fine. I can usually find something to watch, but it's not brilliant.

We only have 1 tv in the house, so it's quite good if I want to watch something in bed.

ihatethecold Wed 19-Feb-14 08:14:54

There is a current thread on here about film recommendations on netflix.
I've just got it and it's good for kids/teens.
We can watch it in 2 screens at a time.
We watch it on our tv through the wii and my ds watches his through his Xbox.

Kaluki Wed 19-Feb-14 10:40:34

I'm still on my free trial and having been off sick for 3 days it has been great! Better than daytime tv!
Not sure if I would have the time to really enjoy it when it go back to work though.
The kids love it - especially the Lego ninjago series and endless episodes of sponge on!!

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Wed 19-Feb-14 18:26:06

thanks! im thinking of cancelling tv license - our ariel got knocked of in the storms so cant watch live tv. so thinking of using that money on netflix.

will try and find that other thread and will give free trial a go grin

K8eee Wed 19-Feb-14 19:11:35

I'm sure that you still need a tv licence as your streaming. Anyway, for the third time dh has signed us up. We're nearly all the way through orange is the new black, dh is into house of cards and compared to when it first came out, Netflix have upped their game and there's so much more available! smile I'm 8 months pg and there's loads of box sets I can happily watch whilst feeding baby #1 smile

JanineStHubbins Wed 19-Feb-14 19:13:18

You don't need a tv licence to stream Netflix, only if you're streaming live tv (or if you record live tv via a Skybox or something like that).

K8eee Wed 19-Feb-14 19:21:23

Ooohhhhh thanks Janine smile

footflapper Wed 19-Feb-14 19:21:55

Hi! Does anyone know why I keep having to reinstall Silverlight when I use netflix? Sometimes I can't use it for a day or two :-\

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sat 22-Feb-14 10:11:32

thanks again everyone have signed up to free trial and its pretty good so far grin

kids have loved the choice and me and oh were reminiscing over johny bravo and dexters lab grin

we've watched a few films and i've added loads of things I want to watch when oh is working late!

Kaluki Sat 22-Feb-14 10:26:26

I've started watching dexter and DP and I want to watch breaking bad to see what all the fuss is about!
The kids think I'm fab for getting it so big brownie point for me!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now