Is Paul Chowdhry supposed to be funny?

(5 Posts)
17leftfeet Wed 19-Feb-14 00:06:27

Just stumbled across him because I can't sleep so I'm channel surfing

It's just constant swearing

He may be funny but the language is taking over his whole act

And yes I know I'm a prude

Lurleene Wed 19-Feb-14 00:18:14

I saw him doing stand up years ago and he died on his arse. It was about a week after Madeline McCann disappeared and he was making jokes about Gerry McCann losing his wallet (which had just happened), and you can imagine what the punchline was.

No-one was laughing and the atmosphere in the room changed. He then got really arsey calling everyone hypocrites for not finding that joke funny but laughing at his other material about suicide bombers.

checkmates Wed 19-Feb-14 13:01:22

He sounds a bit iffy.

Comedians can be an aquired taste.

WeGotAnnie Wed 19-Feb-14 13:03:14

I saw him live about 5 years ago in a small venue. He was very edgy and a lot of his comedy revolved around race. Would never get airtime on telly. He was very funny, though.

Have seen him since and found him incredibly unfunny, though. Just cliched and offensive stuff.

Allofaflumble Thu 20-Feb-14 20:44:04

We saw him live at Basingstoke. His act focuses to much on race. It was cringeworthy and he kept singling out people in the audience. He seemed angry that people did not seem to find him as funny as he thinks he is. I felt vaguely uncomfortable at the vibe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now