Talk

Advanced search

Graham Norton last night

(25 Posts)
anonacfr Sat 15-Feb-14 15:15:20

Did anyone see it? I just finished watching it and was crying with laughter. Bill Murray and Matt Damon in stitches over Hugh Bonneville's woolly jumper were fantastic.
I like the format of the show but it's even better when the guests genuinely seem to enjoy each other and the whole experience. It helped that they were necking champagne throughout too!

GreenShadow Sat 15-Feb-14 15:25:08

Was a good one wasn't it. I'm not always a fan of GN, but the combination of guests (plus champagne) worked very well.

WeAreDetective Sat 15-Feb-14 17:53:17

I just want to thank you for this. Our recording of it failed due to a power cut and normally I probably wouldn't bother but I looked it up on iplayer because of your post.

I was literally crying with laughter. Just the best combination of people (and champaign!). Matt Damon was right. The most fun on a chat show ever!!

thank you!

anonacfr Sat 15-Feb-14 19:02:44

It was, wasn't it? Matt Damon just has the most infectious laugh.

Bill Murray has the reputation of hating TV appearances- it was sweet to see him agree that it was indeed the most fun he'd had on a chat show.
The woolly jumper bit is on YouTube. I watched it again. Was still crying with laughter.

WeAreDetective Sat 15-Feb-14 19:57:09

I can see myself watching it again in the week!

Jinglebellsforthebetter Sat 15-Feb-14 20:53:59

I luffs GN but fell asleep watching it on the iPlayer (long wee and sick kids). Will watch again.

anonacfr Sat 15-Feb-14 22:00:17

Your wee put you to sleep? grin

PotteringAlong Sat 15-Feb-14 22:01:12

It's on at the moment! Am loving it!

Moln Sat 15-Feb-14 22:39:13

It really was funny. Tears of laughter from everyone. The part where Hugh wandered off for a wee was classic

savemefromrickets Sun 16-Feb-14 00:02:36

Thank you! Another mumsnet recommendation which didn't let us down. I was crying with laughter.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 16-Feb-14 00:04:05

I've heard good things about it and I can't wait to watch it tomorrow night. Whenever ever I see HB's name on mumsnet it always makes me think that he was one of those that was named and shamed as being an arse I can't remember why and it puts me off

Origamiboat Sun 16-Feb-14 20:27:52

Everyone should watch this,to cry with laughter. Champagne for every guest,I'd say,although Paloma Faith managed without grin

Lighthousekeeping Sun 16-Feb-14 20:53:25

I'm just watching the Face. On my first gin. I'll be right with it when I'm on my third. Don't want to feel left out!

Ellenora5 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:06:28

Is it repeated girls, I missed it and sky failed to record sad

Lighthousekeeping Sun 16-Feb-14 21:11:22

Have u got catch up?

WeAreDetective Sun 16-Feb-14 21:16:47

It's on iplayer

Turquoiseblue Sun 16-Feb-14 21:18:49

dh and I were tossing up between house of cards or G. N tonight - have decided GN because of this - HOC tomorrow smile

Lighthousekeeping Sun 16-Feb-14 21:19:50

I'm just settling down to it. Love Bill Murray.

BigArea Sun 16-Feb-14 21:22:07

Cool we are going to watch this now - thanks anona

Halfbaked Sun 16-Feb-14 21:23:45

It was the funniest one I've seen, just hilarious.
I had to watch the start on iplayer because I missed the bit about MD being mistaken for Mark Wharlberg and ended up watching it again.

LucyLasticBand Mon 17-Feb-14 07:47:36

because of this thread i watched it.
so funny.
like being at a party!
loved matt damon hiding his face in his hands he was laughing so much.
hugh bonneville and his lippy
and love bill murray.
grin

MyArseIsbiggerThanYours Mon 17-Feb-14 07:52:47

Is HB a massive arse? I thought he featured on one of those annoying nudge, nudge, wink, wink, I know something about a celebrity but I can't tell threads and apparently he is gay. I missed the bit about him being miserable too.

wintera Mon 17-Feb-14 13:33:12

He has been talked about on here. But not cos he's gay or an arse. But because he was not named in the news for a certain reason. Not sure how much we can say to be honest. Think its still not ok to name him. Not sure!

squoosh Tue 18-Feb-14 17:04:31

Yes, he was in the news because he wasn't allowed to be in the news.

wintera Tue 18-Feb-14 18:21:15

Exactly! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now