Talk

Advanced search

Line of Duty

(424 Posts)
Pickofthedocs Wed 12-Feb-14 22:02:53

Fab or what!

VerucaInTheNutRoom Wed 12-Feb-14 22:05:07

Absolutely brutal! But really gripping. Can't wait for the next episode.

GeorginaWorsley Wed 12-Feb-14 22:05:22

Liked it!
Kelsey Hawes character good.
Surely that's not end of Jessica Raine in episode one ?

Ladytron Wed 12-Feb-14 22:06:59

Fifth floor window (as the talking lift mentioned) so looks like it shock

FlyingDucky Wed 12-Feb-14 22:07:02

Brilliant

Clawdy Wed 12-Feb-14 22:08:50

Who was the "nurse"? Was it the husband of the dead policewoman?

cerealqueen Wed 12-Feb-14 22:13:10

Yes, think it was the husband!

teta Wed 12-Feb-14 22:13:47

Wow.Only watched the last 15 minutes.Surely not the end of the new character portrayed by Jessica Raine's.

bumbumsmummy Wed 12-Feb-14 22:15:34

Bloody hell do you think he bumped her off ?

NomDePrune Wed 12-Feb-14 22:22:28

That was good - beginning and end, also middle! Trying to remember what the characters were up to in last series - can only think of the ones that died - the black detective and his mistress.

Madasabox Wed 12-Feb-14 22:31:03

The first time I have watched this - it was fab, but am really shocked the nice policewoman died at the end!!!!!!

underthebluemoon Wed 12-Feb-14 22:32:11

Never seen it before but enjoyed it although that ending was a bit shocking shock

SomewhatSilly Wed 12-Feb-14 22:33:13

Bloody hell, wasn't expecting that ending. Wanted to rewind and look at the nurse's face but don't really want to watch him chuck her out the window again.

sleepdodger Wed 12-Feb-14 22:33:37

Seriously a whole week till the next one??!!

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 12-Feb-14 22:36:08

Ooh it was good!
Was a bit like Spooks years ago, where Lisa Faulkner did loads of press for her new role... then got shoved in a deep fat fryer asap and deaded,.

Justtrying Wed 12-Feb-14 22:36:11

Also first time viewer here, loved it, but how much I'll catch with my shifts who knows.

Zingy123 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:40:34

Have been looking forward to this for ages. It was great.

Did spot Jacqui Laverty on the missing persons computer she was the mistress of the detective in the last series.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 12-Feb-14 22:43:11

I did't watch the last series, but now I want to. And it's gone from iplayer, the meanies.

I LOVE Vicky McClure, and Gina McKee (the missing person Zingy mentioned), so no idea how I missed it. I don't usually like Keeley Hawes as I cannot stand her stage school/elocuted accent, but this character doesn't have it, so she doesn't irritate me.

NomDePrune Wed 12-Feb-14 22:44:18

Well we don't know yet, she could be paralysed or something but still alive.
The same guy wrote Bodies and also Cardiac Arrest from years ago - both hospital, that was his background but he does police pretty well too.

Zingy123 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:49:43

Loved Bodies was a shame they didn't do any more. Have the box set.

HungryHorace Thu 13-Feb-14 08:28:05

It was brilliant last night.

I gasped when she got shoved out of the window. Really hadn't expected that at all.

I might re-watch it later on as I'm not sure I picked up on everything.

fussychica Thu 13-Feb-14 09:59:00

I'm the only one who wasn't keen then.

Would they really do that (toilet scene) to the Keeley Hawes character whilst the investigation was going on?

Why would she have to sell her home to pay the care home fees - it doesn't work like that.

The end of the episode was predictable, in that you could guess something bad would happen to her, but the window was totally unpredictable!

Zingy123 Thu 13-Feb-14 11:48:56

Just rewatched it's not the husband of the dead policewoman.

Listmaker Thu 13-Feb-14 11:50:19

I really liked this. I couldn't quite work out if it was the husband dressed up as the nurse or not and yes shocking at Call the Midwife lady going out the window so soon - bit of a different role for her - drinking and shagging grin.

And also agree for once Keeley Hawes wasn't annoying so a good role for her I feel.

Theconstantlygardening Thu 13-Feb-14 14:15:38

call me dim but is this a series or is each episode a one-off story?

I know there are 4 episodes in this series but will it be a different story next week?

Because by now we all know that Keeley is a bent cop, so where does the story go from here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now