Talk

Advanced search

Arrested Development - I just got to the 'Brit' episodes...

(6 Posts)
GatoradeMeBitch Tue 11-Feb-14 14:18:04

Painful!! Charlize Theron cannot do a British accent, and the guy who is in the scenes with her is even worse - he veers from 'American-doing-Cockney' to Australian in one sentence. I've reached the point where I've had to mute those scenes. I don't think I'll watch Season 3 again, and it's a shame because I love the show. Why can't American TV shows portray Brits properly?

Or Irish people come to that (I cringed throughout the Good Wife Saint Patrick's Day episode!)

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Feb-14 14:25:38

<sings> For British eyes only.......

GatoradeMeBitch Tue 11-Feb-14 14:27:03

Ugh, don't!

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Wed 12-Feb-14 16:29:39

To be honest I think the accents were meant to be terrible - they do actually reference it.

Mr F!

GatoradeMeBitch Wed 12-Feb-14 17:21:17

Oh I hope so. I couldn't stand it and muted the fake Brit scenes, so maybe I missed the references!

dontyouknow Fri 14-Feb-14 14:12:58

I thought is was supposed to be a parody of the cliched Brit portrayals in american programs. Even thought I still found it a bit painful to watch/hear.

Not as bad as the Bones episode. That was every cliche rolled out. Of course whenever you hire a car here you end up with an old style mini....... oh look there's tower bridge......... and some red buses............. and we must make a joke about bad teeth..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now