Talk

Advanced search

These Four Walls

(5 Posts)
missmargot Fri 07-Feb-14 13:16:32

Has anyone else watched These Four Walls? I've just caught up on iPlayer and found it very interesting and moving, a stark contrast to the portrayal of poverty on Benefits Street.

birdybirdy21 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:36:03

Yes I watched it. Utterly depressing and a real portrayal of people struggling on benefits. I wish there was a warning about the cot death baby. That has made me so distressed since I watched it sad

missmargot Fri 07-Feb-14 13:54:53

Me too, DS is only 4 weeks old and I sobbed for ages. I felt so sorry for the girl who dropped out of her school, she was clearly so bright and motivated and it was horrid to see her have to give up on her dream.

birdybirdy21 Fri 07-Feb-14 14:03:56

I have a 7 week old and DD1 was still born at 42 weeks. I literally haven't stopped thinking about the program. I find it shocking that people have to live in those conditions.

I think the girl who had dropped out of school was called Charlotte. She did seem like she really wanted to change her life around. She was in a position that she didn't want to be in but was out if her control.

missmargot Fri 07-Feb-14 16:00:40

birdy I'm so sorry to hear that.

I agree about Charlotte, I was so impressed that she contact the school herself, arranged to sit the exam etc. She clearly had both the drive and the ability but it's not always enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now