Talk

Advanced search

Ch4 'three wives, one husband' anyone?

(35 Posts)
TwelveLeggedWalk Mon 03-Feb-14 22:15:08

I am agog.

Looking after 9 children each day, most of whom aren't yours. Wow.

patienceisvirtuous Mon 03-Feb-14 22:19:20

I know shock

And Hyrum is out of Kellie's league!!

Sparklingbrook Mon 03-Feb-14 22:21:40

9 under fives. shock

TwelveLeggedWalk Mon 03-Feb-14 22:29:44

I'm actually feeling very sorry for all those small kids, they didn't choose this fucked up arrangement, and there's no way they can be getting all their needs met with that set up.

The family with two wives and a husband who works away looks like a much better set up! Babysitting and wine drinking partner on tap grin

SnowBells Mon 03-Feb-14 22:56:55

OMG… this makes me laugh so much.

And oh well, I would have "chosen" Hyrum, too… lol.

munkysea Mon 03-Feb-14 22:57:50

I'm watching it. My response on the shipping crates: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

SnowBells Mon 03-Feb-14 22:59:40

DH and I were in hysterical fits about the crates.

And then, we looked at each other, and we were like… God… our dads could have come up with that idea!!!

Piscivorus Mon 03-Feb-14 23:00:54

Me too Monkey. I was waiting for the wives to say NO and was amazed they didn't

Hyrum is lovely

SnowBells Mon 03-Feb-14 23:01:36

Both DH and I think that the guy with the two wives hit the jackpot, as they are quite pretty...

2rebecca Mon 03-Feb-14 23:14:12

My husband was wondering how often Isaiah had a threesome!
Agree re kelly punching above her weight with hirum, surprised all the eligible girls didn't name him.
I'd rather be single than have a committee of polygamous old blokes choose a man for me though. Can they not use contraception? i'd rather have fewer kids than stick them in metal boxes. Why can't they build a nice wooden house like the Amish? A few wooden panels with windows would be much nicer, easier to build windows and doors into wood as well.
I'd be offering to be the carpenter wife (of Hirum not creepy crate bloke) rather than the childminding and housewife wife.

Pimpf Mon 03-Feb-14 23:15:38

Wow, just wow.

seasalt Mon 03-Feb-14 23:21:49

I'd say Mama Rose is glad when her husband sleeps with one of the other two and not her, she must be knackered looking after all those children every day.

Stripyhoglets Tue 04-Feb-14 00:42:02

It was the looks on the three sister wives faces, they desperately wanted to say "our kids are not sleeping In a tin can in the desert you idiot!" But they can't cos the husband is in charge! Good on Kellie though, if you can pick anyone you might as well aim high!

patienceisvirtuous Tue 04-Feb-14 07:22:09

Haha I know Stripy. I thought Hirum was a bit gutted though.

I'd choose Bradley Cooper grin

Those containers will be red hot in the summer and freezing in the winter.

I felt sorry for Isaiah's wife who didn't get the Vegas jolly. Was awkward!

squoosh Tue 04-Feb-14 15:00:02

'Hyrum is out of Kellie's league'

TOO RIGHT. How funny that God told her the only hot guy in the programme was the one for her. Clever girl!

It was all so grim. Grim little houses in a grim little valley in a grim little desert. Ezra's Dad was so creepy, you just know he wanted to climb all over his son's nubile young girlfriend.

specialsubject Tue 04-Feb-14 15:04:19

Hyrum is not lovely. Like all the other men in this (And most of the women) he is a superstitious fool who has his life governed by fairy stories.

still, good for him - just ask and he gets a clueless, compliant virgin who will happily breed more little worshippers for him.

the whole thing is utterly horrifying, as is the moral blackmail placed on those who want out.

squoosh Tue 04-Feb-14 15:08:00

Well yes that's all true special, I was taking a rather more frivolous approach and if I had to, I'd rather bed down with Hyrum than Creepy Crater Dad.

TeacupDrama Tue 04-Feb-14 15:15:33

love the fact that ezra is thought to be off the rails because he wants to marry a pretty ordinary mormon girl tiffany as opposed to polygamous sort both seem to be singed up to no sex before marriage and want to marry sooner rather than later and is overrun by lust because he has held hands and hugged, the marriage may not work but if it doesn't it will not be because they held hands first

RufusTheReindeer Tue 04-Feb-14 20:47:02

I'm a bit unnerved by how similar the three sister wives look

squoosh Tue 04-Feb-14 20:49:30

The fashion made my toes curl, scrubbed face, specs, hair in a bun, long shapeless skirt.

Apart from the wife who went to Vegas with her stripper heels!

expatinscotland Tue 04-Feb-14 20:59:31

Hyrum is too hairy.

expatinscotland Tue 04-Feb-14 21:19:36

Ezra is thick as two planks.

patienceisvirtuous Tue 04-Feb-14 22:01:48

I think Hyrum looks like a young Elias Koteas

expatinscotland Tue 04-Feb-14 22:12:51

I think he looks like a gorilla.

invicta Tue 04-Feb-14 22:14:14

I loved this programme but thought that the Centennial park Mormons was like a sect. I liked that the programme didn't portray them to be wacky but ordinary people who believed in polygamy. I wonder if the good looking men had lots of wives, and the less handsome ones went unmarried. Why would a girl in her late teens want to hook up with someone a lot older than her? In my teens, a heartthrob was George Michael!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now