Talk

Advanced search

Don't Tell the Bride - Luke & Jess

(26 Posts)
Treadmillmom Tue 05-Nov-13 22:04:33

Has anyone just watched this, 9pm BBC3 5/11/13?
The way Luke spoke to the bridesmaids regarding them forking out £80 each for their dresses, he was so dismissive, he really upset me, what an absolute bully.
Jess, if that's the way he treats your friends you'd better watch out.
Jess' dad, you're right to be wary, watch that lad!

Allthreerolledintoone Tue 05-Nov-13 22:08:42

I only saw the ending and thought he did brilliantly with the dress, venue etc didn't see that part of it I had actually thought they had shown a nice one for a change

bacardibird Tue 05-Nov-13 22:18:56

Yeah I thought he was very off with the bridesmaids
And the hen do was rubbish
I missed the start - what had happened 4 years ago (or whenever he did something bad ) ?
She seemed lovely & was genuinely pleased with everything in the end
I cried blush but I do that at them all

Karbea Tue 05-Nov-13 22:21:45

Oh I meant to watch this, there was a call out for them this morning on Bbc radio 2, in the "x_name don't forget to xyz", someone said "don't forget to watch don't tell the bride tonight as its your wedding".

RufusandJasper Tue 05-Nov-13 22:22:07

I thought they seemed like a nice couple. He didn't handle the bridesmaids dress issue very well, ie asking them to pay £80 each towards £120 dresses. He should have just got cheaper dresses really. In his defence there were a lot of bridesmaids though.

MikeLitoris Tue 05-Nov-13 22:24:31

It actually made me quite uncomfortable to watch tonight and I dont know why.

I missed what it was he did to piss every one off 4 years before but I found his attitude to the bridesmaids really worrying.

Obviously having 8 bm was going to be difficult but he could easily have explained things to them instead of stropping off.

Karbea Tue 05-Nov-13 22:31:37

[http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01kvftt Here's]] the clip.

Karbea Tue 05-Nov-13 22:32:20

Take two...

Here's the clip.

RufusandJasper Tue 05-Nov-13 22:33:05

I think what happened four years ago was they briefly split up - it sounded like she was away at uni studying to be a vet and their relationship was long-distance. Not uncommon for people to split up when one is at uni and they obviously both wanted to get back together so I don't really see why it is such an issue.

nancy75 Tue 05-Nov-13 22:33:39

i agree, he really didn't like him, the way he spoke to her friends was horrible

RufusandJasper Tue 05-Nov-13 22:34:20

Oh and I loved the dress she tried on in the shop in Nottingham (not the one she ended up wearing)

RufusandJasper Tue 05-Nov-13 22:35:01

The one she ended up wearing was nice enough as well though smile she's a pretty girl so would have looked good in anything really

RedPencils Tue 05-Nov-13 22:40:51

She was lovely. He was an arse.
The thing with the bridesmaid's dresses was awful. Why not just pick cheaper ones?

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 05-Nov-13 22:42:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DesignerPrincess Tue 05-Nov-13 23:08:01

Anyone know if that dress she tried on (not the one Luke chose) was called or if it had a name? It's probs one the nicest dresses I've seen on DTTB!

RufusandJasper Tue 05-Nov-13 23:11:04

It looked like a Jenny Packham dress perhaps?

Sleepyhoglet Tue 05-Nov-13 23:30:42

Loved it!

BlingBang Tue 05-Nov-13 23:56:39

Tis all manipulated and set up. Don't fall for it and judge.

Treadmillmom Wed 06-Nov-13 08:23:30

I think he Luke ended their relationship but it gave Jess the opportunity to focus on her degree. She was broken hearted as it turns out he was also. That's why her dad is protective, Luke broke her heart.

blueemerald Wed 06-Nov-13 21:10:05

I'm just watching this now and he is a prat. Sending his vet wife to be a zookeeper for the day?! Making her friends pay?! And for the hotel?! And not even covering a round of drinks?! And then making the bridesmaids pay most of the cost of their dresses? What is he doing with the £12,000?!?!? (Sorry for the over use of ?! But jeez....)

Grotbagstwin Wed 06-Nov-13 21:15:55

I think it was also quite bad of her parents, they had an idea of how they wanted the day, at the start she was saying her dad wanted a traditional church wedding. It isn't her parents wedding.
My dad wants that for me but he isn't getting it, I thought it was odd they needed her dads approval so much.

blueemerald Wed 06-Nov-13 21:25:32

And now they have to pay for hair and makeup?! This is the only DTTB I've wanted to see the balance sheet for.

cerealqueen Thu 07-Nov-13 21:42:31

Just caught up on this. He is a selfish cock and none of her friends like him, that is very telling. I think even the narrator couldn't believe what an arse he was.

When she watches it back and sees how he spent the stag night compared to her she spent her hen night then maybe she'll get a little bit angry.

This time round they have all been over the top, they are all on the same formula, total opposite wishes, self centred groom, bride ends up saying you know me bettet then I know myself, when actually they are just beside themselves with relief that they aren't at a Willy Wonka themed wedding.

hallowisitmeyourelookingfor Fri 08-Nov-13 11:35:43

I'm just watching it on catch up now.
Her parents are more than irritating and so overbearing. Have there ever been parents that featured so much? If they honestly cared so much they should have paid for the wedding themselves and chosen what they wanted. God the mother needs a good slap, and the dad needs an ego reduction!
As a side note, I prefer the best man to the Groom grin

Mementomori123 Wed 05-Oct-16 19:46:01

3 years on, 2 babies at home and a very happy couple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now