Talk

Advanced search

GoT FINALE! Mhysa chat here *SPOILERS*

(57 Posts)
lissieloo Mon 10-Jun-13 13:49:11

So, after last weeks sobfest, what are our predictions/thoughts for the last episode (hasn't it flown by?)

Finales tend to set the scene for the next series, but, tbh, I don't know how they will top The Rains Of castamere.

BumpAndGrind Mon 10-Jun-13 15:07:32

I can't find a working download...argh!

lissieloo Mon 10-Jun-13 15:10:52

try this one?

GhostOfTheRobot Mon 10-Jun-13 15:16:41

Still reeling from last weeks episode. sad

I think Daeny will hook up with her new "beau" (Legolas older brother...I know, call myself a fan?! Can't remember his name) and Jorah's jealousy will come to a head.

Someone will give Joffrey a good kicking...?

Spannah01 Mon 10-Jun-13 15:22:21

Wildlings beginning to attack the wall?

lissieloo Mon 10-Jun-13 15:38:27

I'm guessing Tyrion will tell Sansa about the RW, and we will get some conclusion to the Jon/Ygritte romance.

ZenGardener Mon 10-Jun-13 16:34:05

Just watched it on Curica!

It was longer than the others and it visited all of the story lines (I think).

This is really wrong of me but I was hoping they would show what happened to Robb's direwolf. It was such a strong image in the book so I wasn't disappointed.

Can't wait for the next lot <impatient>

ZenGardener Mon 10-Jun-13 16:35:13

Ps I would mind hooking up with Legolas' older brother. He is hot!

Thurlow Mon 10-Jun-13 16:41:27

Did they show Robb's wolf? (Haven't seen the ep yet but have read the books).

ZenGardener Mon 10-Jun-13 16:45:24

Yes, post mortem. That bit they kept the same as the books.

It was a good episode.

PollyPlummer Mon 10-Jun-13 17:10:07

Hello all.
Not too sure what to expect.
It's probably going to be different to other finales ss its half way through the story rather than the end.
Wonder if we will see Robbwind and L SH.

lissieloo Mon 10-Jun-13 17:12:08

That's good. I think the way they mocked the Stark and Tully houses in the book, with Grey Wind and throwing Cat into the river, was great, sort of a final insult. The RW in general wipes the board clean and everything seems more chaotic after, people have nothing to lose.

lissieloo Mon 10-Jun-13 17:13:09

Plus, the undignified way they dispose of Cat opens the door for UnCat, and they can't leave her out sadly

nipersvest Mon 10-Jun-13 19:47:57

i've already watched it online this morning, not giving anything away wink

SexAndDrugsAndSausageRolls Mon 10-Jun-13 22:49:59

I was on set for the filming of some of the scenes in the finale so I knew what happened in bits of the storyline but, after the drama of the RW, that was a bit anticlimactic...although sets the scene nicely for the next series. It doesn't start filming til July so it's going to be a looooong wait, unfortunately.

lissieloo Mon 10-Jun-13 23:00:14

I cried at arya's face, it was just so tawdry. I loved the scene between sansa and tyrion in the garden, and shae and varys. But best of all was the council meeting! All of it from joffrey's face when he came in, to tywins scathing attack on tyrion. I agree, its set the stage beautifully for the next chapter.

Lighthousekeeping Mon 10-Jun-13 23:35:57

Where is everyone? Are we still too shocked from last week?

nipersvest Mon 10-Jun-13 23:40:26

i can't watch ramsey's torture of theon anymore!

Cooroo Tue 11-Jun-13 07:49:23

How come I missed Cat-disposal?? Was maybe too shocked at Grey Wind head thing. Actually impact slightly lessened as it could have been anyone's body, if you see what I mean.

Loved the bit with Sansa and Tyrion beginning to get on, soon to be crushed by news of RW. I don't think they ever struck up a rapport in the books, but I liked it.

Go Arya and Sandor! If I was Shae I'd have been across the sea quicker than you could say Spider. Not sure I like the way they're setting her up as loving and betrayed, but we'll see how it goes in season 4. Such a long way away! Thank goodness we've got Luther coming soon. Not to mention the conclusion of Breaking Bad.

ZenGardener Tue 11-Jun-13 09:19:19

I don't think they showed Cat's body.

What's L SH?

Jon is so hot. When he tells Ygritte that he loves her. He's only 17 or 18 isn't he?

I actually really like the Hound. His unrequited love for Sansa.

I might have to reread the books waiting for the next series. Sighs!

PollyPlummer Tue 11-Jun-13 10:00:40

L SH is a spoiler Zen. It's a bloody good one too.
My dp and Dad are both reading the books now snd love them.

I loved the finale. It set everything up perfectly. I have seen on fb that lots of people hated Danys scene. Someone compared it to the Lion King grin I really liked it. Very up lifting.

YY to waiting for breaking bad. I haven't seen Luther yet.

GhostOfTheRobStark Tue 11-Jun-13 10:51:20

I like Dany's scene too.
Love Tyrion provoking Joffrey, the little twerp. " I'm NOT tired!!!" but too scared of granddad to do anything.

Is it too soon to name change? I think I just spoilt RW for someone on another thread...

PollyPlummer Tue 11-Jun-13 11:32:20

grin whoops. It has been well over a week, so no not too soon. I might change to Robbwind.

I loved Tywin sending Joffrey to bed, and the Tywin / Tyrion scene.

nipersvest Tue 11-Jun-13 11:42:48

i think L SH will kick off season 4. i enjoyed the finale, know it wasn't as jam packed as episode 9 but it did start to merge a few plot lines.

SexAndDrugsAndSausageRolls Tue 11-Jun-13 12:23:56

On reflection, despite not having the drama of the RW episode, there was much to love about this one. Some excellent little moments that mean so much for what lies ahead.

The small council scenes have been epic throughout this season and last night's was no exception. Loved Tywin sending Joffrey to bed like a petulant toddler. Although the scene that followed with Tyrion & Tywin broke my heart a wee bit more for Tyrion. Tywin just keeps twisting the knife, doesn't he?

The scene with Cersei's reaction to Jaime's return. No words needed.

Ser Davos. I just love the character. Love Liam Cunningham's portrayal of him and loved his exchange with Gendry as he shoved him into a boat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: