Talk

Advanced search

Bollywood Carmen Live - BBC 3 now

(23 Posts)
lucjam Sun 09-Jun-13 21:30:38

anyone watching it? bloody brilliant

thenightsky Sun 09-Jun-13 21:57:16

I'm watching. Loving it. I miss living in Yorkshire.

thenightsky Sun 09-Jun-13 21:57:50

Also, its nice to see it live as the light is fading on the screen at the same rate as outside my window.

lucjam Sun 09-Jun-13 21:59:07

Its brilliant, I was brought up in Harrogate and Leeds but live down south now so I know what you mean night

lucjam Sun 09-Jun-13 22:00:25

I thought that about the light too, watching it get darker there though was puzzled by heavy rain then realised it was the fountain!!

thenightsky Sun 09-Jun-13 22:01:49

They've got a fabulous evening for it. I'm shocked how posh Bradford is looking these days though shock

lucjam Sun 09-Jun-13 22:02:15

oh no I've never seen carmen so didn't know what happened at the end, :-(

that was ace

SquidgyMummy Sun 09-Jun-13 22:02:44

oh know, just missed it - hope it will be repeated somewhere

lucjam Sun 09-Jun-13 22:03:06

bradford did look great, it's on again at 2am i might sky+ it for DD.

SquidgyMummy Sun 09-Jun-13 22:05:18

thanks for heads up lucjam have set Sky+

lucjam Sun 09-Jun-13 22:06:54

squidy it really was very good, enjoy!

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 09-Jun-13 22:18:34

Bradford is nothing like it's looking, lol. Admittedly it does look nice - the council spent over 24 million on the 'park' (water feature that has occasional horses in it) whilst allowing the rest of the place to go to rack and ruin.It's absolutely shameful. Everyone I know in Brad on facebook is either astounded or finds it hysterically funny how it can look so clean and nice.
That said, the show was absolutely fantastic.

chestnut100 Sun 09-Jun-13 22:28:43

Slightly off point by I have to disagree with the last poster. I live in a Bradford suburb and whilst the centre is definitely not posh, I think the city park is an amazing venue. The council have out on some quality events and I think it's something great to build on that makes us a little different than other cities. The rejuvenation of the city has to start somewhere and I think this is a bloody great start!

Bakingnovice Sun 09-Jun-13 22:31:54

Bloody brilliant. Gutted I can't be there to watch it.

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 09-Jun-13 22:33:30

Sorry, Chestnut, the city will never be rejuvenated. It's beyond repair. Chucking overpriced glitter on a turd is still only glitter on a turd.

Livnatmum Sun 09-Jun-13 22:33:34

I loved it and we don't live too far from Bradford either. However, my son is shortly to be in a production of Carmen and he was very sniffy about it! When they sang Rolling in the Deep he threw up his hands in horror (theatrical!!) and retired to his room in disgust!

chickydoo Sun 09-Jun-13 22:35:44

fabulous!!!!!!!!

chestnut100 Sun 09-Jun-13 22:38:58

Oh I'm glad you know that one sleep. Are you also writing off half of the north of England then, as there are many towns in similar predicaments to Bradford? I find your comment incredibly rude, especially for those of us who call Bradford home. There are so many great things coming out of this city; it is largely held back by doom and gloom merchants who want to look for the bad and ignore the good.

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 09-Jun-13 22:49:56

Bradford IS my home for now, unfortunately, it has been for 16 years.I grew up in a similar place in the north of England, with a very similar industrial decline and demographic. I have have also lived in Manchester, Harrogate and abroad. There is very little good about this city, and the Council seem determined to aid the decline.

chestnut100 Mon 10-Jun-13 06:47:39

Here's a suggestion; move!

Sparklingbrook Mon 10-Jun-13 06:56:02

Just watching a bit on the news, Looks fabulous.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 10-Jun-13 13:12:50

Fortunately, I am, within the year, can't wait to leave this shit hole. I'm not actually surprised at how many people feel the same.

lucjam Mon 10-Jun-13 17:53:07

Just watched it again with DD (age 10), she loved it too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: