Talk

Advanced search

Flash families. what did you think?

(16 Posts)
theshrimp Fri 26-May-06 22:09:55

Well, it just goes to show money doesn't always brings happiness.

Or class.

2shoes Fri 26-May-06 22:17:43

couldn't watch the embarrassment that one family came from just over the hill was too much.

theshrimp Fri 26-May-06 22:24:19

C'mon everyone. give us your opinions!
Was it chavtastic or maybe not?
Was it a vulgar display of conspicuous consumerism or what?

controlfreaky2 Fri 26-May-06 22:25:09

it was..... grim

notasheep Fri 26-May-06 22:28:27

couldnt watch it-i would have been throwing stuff at th tv

Orlando Fri 26-May-06 22:28:34

'Last year in Dominican loads of people stopped to look at the girls in their Burberry bikinis... I don't know why...'

WHO'S GOING TO TELL HER???

notasheep Fri 26-May-06 22:29:13

burberry -no class

theshrimp Fri 26-May-06 22:31:24

The rich family with the teenagers had dug themselves a hole. They were such spoilt brats.

the family who lived in a 2 bed house and spent all their money on designer clothes, seemed like they were quite pleasant people if a bit misguided..

The people who did all the shooting and had loads of little doggies, were trying to be posh. Strangely the husband seemed really . . . camp?

milge Fri 26-May-06 22:31:40

WTF were the duck shooters all about? The rest were flashtastic, but seemed cohesive family units. Duck shooters of doncaster with menus for Sunday lunch were too much for me...

Orlando Fri 26-May-06 22:33:30

Surely the only duck-shooters in the entire world who take with them a little dog in a designer raincoat?

Can you imagine what all the hardcore lurchers and spaniels and labs would be saying to each other??

theshrimp Fri 26-May-06 22:33:53

notasheep -it was pure entertainment.
I wasn't shouting anything at the TV and that's unusual for me.

theshrimp Fri 26-May-06 22:36:09

Menus for sunday lunch -so much more sophisticated don't you think? (Philladelphia ad style)

notasheep Fri 26-May-06 23:23:09

ugh-doncaster!

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Fri 26-May-06 23:27:17

PLEASE tell me the dog's raincoat was burberry

notasheep Fri 26-May-06 23:28:05

is that 2 legs or four

foxinsocks Sat 27-May-06 19:08:24

lol - the family who dressed up - you couldn't help thinking what she needed was an honest best friend! Thought her teenage daughter was lovely - wanting to dress in jeans etc. (and she looked great!) but her mum basically dressing her up like a bloody prissy dolly! It's sad to think that's where all their cash goes (like it matters).

The family with the teenagers will reap what they sow (what horrible, spoilt kids) and as for the duck shooters - she reeked of money-grabbing bimbo/possibly beard for him. Hysterical.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: