Talk

Advanced search

Branded a Witch- anyone watch this?

(8 Posts)
BigBlockSingsong Tue 21-May-13 11:50:11

was compelling and horrific in equal measure, some very disturbing scenes of a 5 year old boy being 'delivered' in an excorcism, I'm surprised it was even aired tbh,

very depressing all round.

its about the rise in children being branded 'witches' in african communities.In the uk & abroad.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 21-May-13 11:58:19

I caught the last 15 mins last night very troubling stuff, poor boy at the end awful sad

grendel Tue 21-May-13 13:16:46

I simply do not understand how she could sit there and watch them doing that to the little boy. Yeah, I know she needed to get the 'story', but really, who could sit there and watch that? I would snatched him up, and run out of there, and reported the whole coven of them to the police. Even in Congo it must be illegal to beat a small child!

grendel Tue 21-May-13 13:17:51

Did you see the faces of the little children when they were picked out as witches by the pastor. They were terrified. They knew what was going to happen. And their families sit back and let it happen. Unbelievable.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 21-May-13 15:15:36

I said the same Grendel when that little boy was running at the end I couldn't have watched I would have had him out of there poor little soul looked so hurt and confused

SPsCliffingAllOverMN Tue 21-May-13 15:20:28

I've just finished watching it.

How she sat there and watched I dont know. That poor boy, they thought there was a phone in side him confused

BigBlockSingsong Tue 21-May-13 22:07:04

I know I would have intervened, I wanted to slap the mother.

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 22-May-13 20:31:50

I've been watching it on and off all day, its too much to watch in one go sad I'm angry, horrified, sickened, and actually sad that the education is so lacking in the Congo that they think what they are doing is ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now