Talk

Advanced search

Doctor Who: FidGirl has written to Steven Moffat

(8 Posts)
Fiderer Tue 21-May-13 08:46:18

She's 10, asked yesterday if she could use my computer to write something. I thought it was one of her stories but later she wanted to go the post office. It was a bank holiday so she couldn't so I've been charged to go today. "Don't forget, Mum" she told me steely-eyed this morning.

She asked him to make a series with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax and to bring back the Slitheen. With her own appraisal of them as characters including in the SJA grin

Must say I was impressed she found an address for him by herself. Maybe not so impressed by the writing, she does the German thing of writing some nouns with a capital letter but seeing as she's never formally learned English, it was really good.

I doubt she'll get an answer but I would be thrilled if she did, as would she. Has anyone got replies from TV producers?

Elfontheedge Tue 21-May-13 08:53:51

That's brilliant! No tv stories but my DP once write to NASA and asked for some pictures if space. We still have them smile you must let us know if you get a reply.

Fiderer Tue 21-May-13 09:19:26

NASA would be great grin

Reading my post back sounds like I was being critical of her writing which I didn't mean to be. I love how (and what) she writes and it's actually amazing she writes so well in English.

<proud>

Oodsigma Tue 21-May-13 09:24:30

Well done her. Fx he (someone ) writes back.

Any chance of sharing her appraisal of the slitheen?

Fiderer Tue 21-May-13 10:12:33

It was along the lines of, at first you think they can't be that bad with the big baby faces and eyes. Then you realise how cruel and scary they are. Then in some stories you can feel sorry for them and in SJA you went through that all again. That it makes the stories more interesting.

Think she put it better grin She told me all this as she wouldn't let me read the letter and I just skimmed through it while giving her the envelope <speed reading emoticon> grin

Off to PO.

LittleAbruzzenBear Tue 21-May-13 10:15:57

That's fab! Hope your DD gets a reply! smile

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 21-May-13 17:48:15

Brilliant! Good for her.

Limelight Tue 21-May-13 17:51:35

Hurrah for FidGirl! I hope she gets a reply.

Maybe you should tweet this threat to the doctor who lot or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now