Talk

Advanced search

emmerdale- debbie and cain

(25 Posts)
Booyhoo Tue 14-May-13 20:01:52

<Disclaimer: i know it's not real.>

is anyone else really touched by the debbie/cain relationship at the moment? i actually welled up watching that this evening and for the first time ever i've found myself not being on either one 'side' more than the other. i just want the two of them to hug and talk it out and see each other's viewpoint and be dad and daughter again. i used to hate cain but he's really changed recently.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 14-May-13 20:44:48

Oooh, not touched exactly.....
The Debbie character (and yes I know it's not real grin )

Wants her dad/Andy/Lisa/Tom Cobbley's Cat to look after her DC while she swans off.
She knows Andy is a farmer (and they don't keep regular hours)
She knows Andy's girlfriend is not keen to have the DC fobbed off on her.
Cain runs the Garage almost singlehanded (when was the last time Debbie opened a car bonnet)?

She goes off on a jolly to do a deal on cheap alcohol (and yes Debbie you really looked like a Serious BusinessWoman.- NOT )

The exchange with Cain was just the limit. He's well out of it.
She gets right on my last nerve.

Booyhoo Tue 14-May-13 20:56:08

yes i think he did the only thing he could do by walking out and i totally get why he did.

but i do think debbie's awful behaviour WRT the dcs and constantly seeking the next 'deal' to be made is part of her breakdown over the whole cameron thing. i dont think she is well at all and that's why i want her to just cry it all out and talk to her dad and let him help ! she's fighting everyone away. but i think she's drowning.

bulletproofgerbil Tue 14-May-13 21:13:36

It was really powerful. I agree that Debbie needed to wake up to what can happen if she is forever dumping her children on people who aren't necessarily fit to take care of them. Also agree she isn't well and needs help. Also see Cain's point of view too. It was well done and v sad. Cain has been given a real personality transplant of late. He's actually human bless him. Really enjoying it at the moment.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 14-May-13 21:18:05

Cain won't leave the village though (I haven't seen any spoilers)

He might move up to Moiras Farm ? That'll be 'interesting' with him and Andy grin.

Debbie has hacked off everyone in the village at the moment, so if she does drown, I can't see many people rushing to throw her a LifeBelt.

Booyhoo Tue 14-May-13 21:18:44

me too bulletproof. seeing cain crying about the loss of his baby was such a change from the guy who was fucking vile to amy when she was pregnant with his baby. i haven't forgiven him for that but i'm almost hopeful that this change in personality might see him trying to apologise to her for it? or is that wishful thinking?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 14-May-13 21:19:00

Metaphorical LifeBelt grin

bulletproofgerbil Tue 14-May-13 22:12:47

I don't think it's wishful thinking re Cain apologising to Amy Booyhoo. Didn't he say he owed her one (re rescuing Jack and Sarah). I think Moira losing his baby might make him think a bit more about what Amy might have gone through when she gave birth alone to Kyle and then put him up for adoption.
Surely Alicia and David WILL end up together?! Dom is lovely and seems v sweet, but it's David who's the one for her. Even if he is a bit wet.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 14-May-13 22:24:09

well. I'm a returnee to Emmerdale after years in soap wilderness and I thought tonight's episode was bloody brilliant, I didn't know much of the back story (last time I watched, Cain had just found out about Debbie's existence!) but that scene where he walked out was powerful stuff. Really rate the actress who plays Debbie, she's very good and has lovely eyelashes

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 14-May-13 22:36:14

BrianCox where have you been to have missed out on so much Emmerdale?

Was there still " Farm " in the title when you watched it before grin

One thing to bear in mind- no-one who lives at Home Farm will be happy. It's cursed I tell you, cursed.

(And the house where Jimmy and Nicola live- why in the name of all that's holy don't they paint that dreadry grey/green paintwork? Ray Mullins painted it, but we've had Rodney and various Kings there. Do they not notice how vile it is? confused )

Mynewmoniker Tue 14-May-13 22:41:33

Caine needed a cuddle tonight...and he should have come here grin

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 14-May-13 22:58:32

Yes it did have "farm" last time I watched grin

Where have I been - no idea but for years I never managed to sit down to watch tv before 9pm.

I now have a teeny boob monster who has me stuck in a chair for a mammoth feed most nights from 7-8 , it's great Ive rediscovered Emmerdale and Corrie!

Havent watched this week yet.

But Priya has taken over from Debbie as most annoying. Sorry to say it, but her acting is shockingly bad.

Booyhoo Tue 14-May-13 23:23:42

yes definitely team david and aleesha here! they are meant to be. poor david with his trendy ear piercing just cant catch a break can he? grin

i hope cain does see his way to making things right with amy bulletproof

debbie actress does a really fantastic job with that part IMO. tonight just felt so heartbreaking seeing the two of them in so much pain and not being able to cope with each other or help each other. i used to really admire the debbie character for being so bloody upfront and just going and getting what she wanted, putting her arsehole dad in his place all the time but she's gone off the scale now and lost all sense of her priorities. i know she is saying she's earning money for the chidren but it's very clear she's desperately chasing something else. maybe trying to prove she's not a broken woman after cameron left her for chaz? maybe trying to claw back the control she feels she lost when he ended everything?

on another note- i was starting to warm to nicola a bit but she seems to have gone back onto default nicola mode with the whole school admissions thing and insisting little angelica must be at the posh one.

qazxc Wed 15-May-13 08:38:12

if you had been out all night on a "business deal" and were told that your DCs were in a house fire would you not want to see them right away (ie before going round and attacking andy's girlfriend).

Booyhoo Wed 15-May-13 10:02:20

i thought that too qazxc. when i saw her reaction when she finally saw sarah it didn't sit right with me that given how relieved she was to see her she didn't make sure that was the first thing she did.

lovelychops Wed 15-May-13 10:03:45

Happy to have found this thread! Loved last night with Debbie and Cain, thought it was really well done. Told DP that I thought it was a really great episode with a kind of parenting theme running through it...
I like the new and improved Cain. Not liking Debbie's business outfit. Not keen on Dom and his daughter at all.
Also think the woman who plays Kerry is great, felt a bit sorry for her last night. Hope she doesn't leave, but not sure where she could stay?
(Remembers its not real)

Booyhoo Wed 15-May-13 10:15:43

do kerry and amy look very alike or is that just me imagining it?

lovelychops Wed 15-May-13 11:07:28

Amy and Kerry look very alike I agree.
Think Amy looks lovely now she's stopped putting her foundation on with a trowel !

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 15-May-13 11:25:57

I read that the actress who plays Kerry is only 7 years older than her screen DD.
The Amy actress is 21yo (I know the character is younger though, 17 or so?) so the actress who plays the Mum is 28ish.

And YY when you see both without the PolyFilla Make-Up they look a million times better.

SlatternismyMiddlename Wed 15-May-13 13:28:26

I love the way that Moira has influenced Cain and he is trying to be a better person - also aware that its not real smile

Seriously, what was Debbie thinking with that 'work outfit', my eyes hurt.

footflapper Wed 15-May-13 14:35:43

It made me quite nervous when the drunken Kerry was dancing with the baby & Sarah!
With Cain walking out on Debbie, it made me think that maybe he's going to try and get custody of the child he fathered with Amy & try and live happily ever after on the farm with Moira. Also he helps Amy reconcile with her son (he did say he owes her one), then she becomes a part time mum whilst furthering her education.. Ideal situations don't happen in soap world though grin

Error Wed 15-May-13 14:52:09

Does anyone know if Leyla is coming back? She's been mentioned a few times in the past couple of weeks and she sent the birthday present to Jacob..

qazxc Wed 15-May-13 17:34:25

I think that Debbie has inherited her business practices from her mother.

SlatternismyMiddlename Thu 16-May-13 22:29:31

Come to me Cain, I shall sooth your worried brow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now