Talk

Advanced search

You know you've seen too much CBeebies when....

(17 Posts)
aragon Sun 21-May-06 11:43:29

1. You see "The Fab Lab" for the third time in one day.
2. You start to wonder what any babies between you and Byron Wordsworth would look like?
3. Ditto Robbie Rotten who is THE only reason to watch "Lazy Town" - he's utterly hilarious.
4. You know all about the lives of the presenters.
5. It is a topic of conversation when any presenter is in a movie - I'm thinking Puoy in Bridget Jones - Edge of Reason (Puoy - why did you bother)?
6. You have "favourite" programmes.

ditsymum Sun 21-May-06 11:57:46

I know what you mean. I look for programs with Justin in them and feel guilty especially if ds not around. I am now a fan of the Upside Down show on Nick Jr, 2 surfer dudes, think Bill and Ted go to Aussie Land. very funny and they put in something for the adults as well

melissasmummy Sun 21-May-06 12:01:38

You start singing the songs from Boogie Beebies on your head!

ditsymum Sun 21-May-06 12:03:14

you keep having a Making Moment

kipper22 Sun 21-May-06 13:07:59

(not cbeebies but nick jr) you are upset when it's an episode of Thomas you've already seen 3 times and it doesn't feature Percy.

Riddo Sun 21-May-06 13:26:20

My ds is too old for Bob but I have been known to watch it when channel hopping when ds is at school. I wanted to see the new characters.

intergalacticwalrus Sun 21-May-06 13:31:40

You stert to develop wrong thoughts about Pete from Boogie Beebies, or big cook. And when you start whistling the bloody song from Balamory whilst doing the cooking.

"Can you see all the different coloured houses...."

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jbck Sun 21-May-06 14:43:55

Not so bothered about having Byron's babies but I'd 'av 'im!
I'm always trying to persuade DD to watch Storymakers & get right annoyed when she claims it's for babies & she's too old at 4.

Bomper Sun 21-May-06 18:41:56

Aragon - my 2 year old dd LOVES Robbie Rotten, she's not bothered about the rest but squeals with delight and shouts Robbie, Robbie!! as soon as he appears on screen!!

edam Sun 21-May-06 18:45:51

When you spot Spencer from Balamory on a comedy cop show (that one with Michelle Gomez from Green Wing) and feel obscurely pleased that he looks just as funny in other roles.

motherinferior Sun 21-May-06 18:51:44

Your children bellow 'Mu-um!!!! It's the Koala Brothers!' or indeed 'Mu-um!! It's PC Plum's song!'

motherinferior Sun 21-May-06 18:52:18

Also when you are genuinely taken aback that cultured, intelligent friends (unafflicted with children) do not know who the Tweenies are.

nikkie Sun 21-May-06 19:54:11

When you get taken to the other end of school (at work) to identify which random character a child is obsessing with today

My favourite is Bob too!

katiebl Sun 21-May-06 20:04:42

When you realise your still watching it when your child is not there as they have buggered off to do something more interesting with daddy and you didn't notice.

tweenies is my favourite!

katiebl Sun 21-May-06 20:05:30

Oh - and also when you join threads like these and realise how many of them there are!

intergalacticwalrus Sun 21-May-06 20:06:34

Also when you know what time of day it is by what programme they are showing, and indeed whne you know what's coming next.

TinyGang Sun 21-May-06 20:21:51

The prorammes are on a loop and they come on for a second time the same day <Well..it was raining!!>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: