Talk

Advanced search

Boss

(12 Posts)
Buzzardbird Mon 22-Apr-13 14:12:23

Is anyone watching this with Kelsey Grammar? I am trying really hard but am finding it incredibly difficult to hear what they say and can't use subtitles on catch-up?
It is taking me ages to work out the plot line.

BOF Mon 22-Apr-13 14:17:42

Yes, it's hard to get into, isn't it? I tend to watch on +1, after The Good Wife and Nashville, and I think my concentration is shot by then. I might start watching it on catch up later in the week. It's supposed to be amazing and operatic in scope etc, like The Sopranos, so I'm going to stick with it a bit longer.

Buzzardbird Mon 22-Apr-13 14:35:05

Thank god for that, I thought I was being a bit dim. Perhaps it is being enigmatic deliberately?

vjg13 Mon 22-Apr-13 16:35:17

I really like it but it can be hard to understand the gist of what is said. Like Shakespeare! KG is brilliant, very convincing. The political set up is also confusing but I think it is worth watching and will really develop.

Buzzardbird Mon 22-Apr-13 17:02:55

Yes, will stick with it. It is a bit of a jump for the brain cells after Nashville grin

carabos Mon 22-Apr-13 22:15:58

We are watching it - it is slow burn and there's far too much gratuitous sex, but quite enjoying it. Not on par with Borgen and not on same planet as WW, but if you like politics it's better than nothing. Last week's episode was best yet IMO.

bleedingheart Tue 23-Apr-13 07:09:13

Agree about the gratuitous sex, the assistant who can't keep her hands off the married candidate and finds her blouse popping open whenever he is in sight is grating. I'm going to catch up and stick with it though.

diddl Tue 23-Apr-13 08:27:28

I gave up after the first ep when the guys ears were cut off & the female Dr was threatened-I hated that-just because a journalist had been in her room-& she threw him out straightaway!

Buzzardbird Tue 23-Apr-13 10:44:48

It was horrible diddl and soon got rid of the KG being a soft affable character as in Frasier.
I feel you are meant to loath him and then maybe feel sorry for him?

diddl Tue 23-Apr-13 11:13:58

Maybe I didn't give it long enough to feel sorry!

bleedingheart Tue 23-Apr-13 19:53:01

Agreed the bit with the doctor being temporarily paralysed was horrendous. She was professional at all times.

fussychica Wed 24-Apr-13 18:03:24

gave up after 1.5 episodes - usually love US dramas (Suits, Good Wife etc) but couldn't get into this - just didn't like any of the characters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now