Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone watch Real story tonight??

(31 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 22:50:20

I was in tears

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 22:59:19

It was about a couple who lost their three children to forced adoption see here SS said that they had abused their son and they removed the children from their care, after 1 year the children were taken for adoption. There is a strong family link to the disease OI (brittle bones) She is also pregnant again, but she faces the possiblity of the baby being taken away too. I was so touch by this, I was sobbing...

tortoiseshell Mon 15-May-06 22:59:54

me too

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:01:12

It's so sad, even if she proves her innocence, she will not get her children back..

Ledodgyherring Mon 15-May-06 23:01:32

Oh God no I didn't watch it am glad I didn't, City Hospital had me in tears this morning so I would have been a wreck watching this. Where they the same couple that were on This Morning today? I didn't see this either but saw the trailer.

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:02:39

is there no way she can get them back?
I saw her on This Morning and it has haunted me all day. It could happen to anyone.

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:03:36

BTW my DD2 had one of those fractures when she was 2, she went down a slide funny.. she doesn't have OI, but made me realised that I could have been accused of abuse.

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:04:15

No, it said that she will not get her children back.. I am still very upset by this...

amber5 Mon 15-May-06 23:07:19

very moved by this too, adn i'm a social worker..
Saw them on this morning and thought they were very un-emotional, but saw a little of this evenings programme nad was more convinced by them as a whole family. did anyone catch whether the three children were still togther??? i got the impression they probably wern't

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:09:21

What got me was when the voice over said 'in 2004 the children were put up for adoption' it was then that i realised it was so final..

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:10:18

how can the social workers claim ot be working in the children's best interests? They are wicked bastards (not all sws of course)

amber5 Mon 15-May-06 23:11:37

(thanx bunny)

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:11:48

Someone I know, her son died of cot death, 6 hours later SS turned up and removed her other children, she didn;t get them back.. the kids went to live with their father.

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:16:35

whoops Bunny, I think you have put your foot in it there..

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:18:44

FWIW amber5, I don;t think that all SW are bastards (my lil sis is a family support worker at SS) but I do think that they get it wrong sometimes.

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:19:26

amber i did say not all sws. But some do abuse their power. What they did here was evil.

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:20:38

What I don;t understand is WHY she wasn;t offered a DNA test, they would have prove their innocence or guilt.

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:22:36

apparently a dna test wasnt regarded as appropriate or useful as she had no clinical/physical signs of brittle bone disease and therefore didnt have it.

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:23:27

they didnt take into account the fact that her mother/siblings have brittle bone. I cant understand why.

chipkid Mon 15-May-06 23:24:38

I think everyone has to realise that social workers sometimes have a very difficult judgment call to make-take action and get it wrong-don't take action and have a death on your hands followed by a public enquiry (Victoria Climbie)and calls for your head on a platter for being so negligent!
sometimes the whole story isn't known straight away-and social workers have to act to protect the vulnerable.

amber5 Mon 15-May-06 23:24:51

it was meant nicely honest!!!

things written can so easily be misinterpreted can't they - no offence taken or intended.

SparklyGothKat Mon 15-May-06 23:25:17

Did I hear right that Real story will be following their story??

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:25:59

good. I didnt mean to offend

amber5 Mon 15-May-06 23:26:42

why didn't they test childB? also i know it's too late - but has anyone asked whether he is continuing to have injuries consistent with OI?

bunny3 Mon 15-May-06 23:27:03

I hope Real Story follow the story. I hope there is a happy ending at least with the new baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: