Talk

Advanced search

BROADCHURCH mon 9pm itv thread 2

(429 Posts)
DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 12:03:18

Is it ok for me to start a new thread.

Can anyone tell me why Ellie says about Will Mellor's character:

"if you go into the bookshop in town all his books are in there"?
he is KNOWN to the police for this, plus the petty convictions, vehicle theft and conspiracy to defraud, they say in EP 4. So why is he allowed to write and sell these books?

Northumberlandlass Tue 16-Apr-13 14:39:45

I know Tim - I want to be shocked next week ! I am hoping I am wrong.
I am looking forward to finding out what Ellie's sister saw, power cut mystery, what happened in Whitby 15 years ago, why had Hardy 'been there before', why Hardy was having childhood flashbacks....

gah! I'm not going to get all these answered. Am I ?

MadBusLady Tue 16-Apr-13 14:45:26

Hardy was having childhood flashbacks?? I thought he was just sort of "seeing" Danny in his mind's eye, and also a girl (presumably the Sambrook victim?)

MadBusLady Tue 16-Apr-13 14:47:50

I agree the Tom/Joe thing is a bit too obvious now, too.

What about Danny's gran, has anyone ruled her out? grin

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 14:52:17

the Whitby thing was a child murder and rape (female) on a cliff.

Northumberlandlass Tue 16-Apr-13 15:09:25

Oh ok Mad - you think it was Danny & girls from Sandybrook playing on his mind. I assumed it was him as a child as it came just after psychic Steve had said "You've been here before"...

I think any of the following would shock me! Ollie, Gran and Becca (? Aussie at the hotel)

MadBusLady Tue 16-Apr-13 15:14:26

Hm, I'm questioning it now. Danny was definitely in that montage, and there was a girl too, but I think there was also another brief shot of another boy, and I was trying to work out whether it was just Danny from a funny angle.

confused

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 15:21:08

in a dream sequence at teh begining of episode 6 (I think) David tennant's character is shouting at: Will Mellor, Danny's dad, The Vicar and Nige 'Stay away from the water' as they all stand there in the waves.

Are these the four main suspects in his mind?

Or is he dreaming about something that happened to him at that spot 15 years earlier?

UpTheFRIGGinDuff Tue 16-Apr-13 15:23:04

Would it be mad to watch them all again,before the final episode?

it would wouldn't it....

MadBusLady Tue 16-Apr-13 15:24:36

Ooh, I missed that bit Dueling, ITV is so rubbish over the internet we always miss the first few minutes angry

coreny Tue 16-Apr-13 15:30:25

I still don't understand why PQ gave Ollie the skateboard.
If Ollie was involved surely he'd know to leave it and not accry it home.

Why did Danny have all that money under his bed?

Mum has a secret I think.

Northumberlandlass Tue 16-Apr-13 15:30:44

haha Frigg - you have given me an idea....I will pack the boys off this weekend and re-watch them all! wink blush

coreny Tue 16-Apr-13 15:31:33

I think PQ is playing games. She's out to punish someone.

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 15:32:27

I am watching them now [Blush] but FFWing over bits I know I saw.

I was thinking of watching them all again. Can do it tomorrow.

Can't wait for Monday grin

Northumberlandlass Tue 16-Apr-13 15:40:58

Could the money under Danny's bed be from the poaching pheasants? Didn't Nige say that a local butcher gave him money for them?

I'm not sure how many pheasants you'd have to kill for £500 though confused

It's all enough to make your head explode.

blindworm Tue 16-Apr-13 15:47:33

Ellie said 'If you go into the bookshop in town, all those books are in there', not 'all his books are in there'. She meant there are lots of books by people just wanting to cash in on murders, not specifically by Steve.
I think Susan knows more than she told the police. Who takes home and keeps the skateboard of a murdered child? She said she didn't want to be involved but she stole a piece of key evidence. And why did she give it to Tom?
We thought the boy who wasn't Danny in the flashback/montage bits was a young Alec, and the girl was either his wife when she was young or the Sandbrook victim.
I would love to know what Lucy saw, or if she was just lying to get money out of Ellie.
Wikipedia says Dean has dangerous connections, including some of the most respected people in town. I think Chloe got the drugs off him. When Ellie questioned Becca on the drugs, she said Chloe got them off a male friend, but wouldn't say who. I reckon it's Dean.

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 15:49:42

I thought Joe went paintballing but it was Tom, Danny, Nige, Mark and Ollie. In march. Ollie said it was probably the last time he spent any time with Danny and that he has photos of the day. So did Danny and Tom fall out in March/April? because of something that happened on that day?

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 16-Apr-13 15:56:45

Who's Lucy?

blindworm Tue 16-Apr-13 15:57:04

Oh, and I also agree that Alec had some water-related trauma when he was in Broadchurch before. In episode 3, when they discover Danny's blood on Mark's boat, he says he doesn't like being on the water and looks all tense.
Paul says the fight between Tom and Danny was a couple of months ago, so March/April sounds about right actually.

blindworm Tue 16-Apr-13 15:57:19

Lucy is Ellie's sister and Olly's mum.

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 15:57:43

RE Will Mellor. have listened/watched again and you are right, it does sound like she says "in two weeks he'll talk to the press, in six months he'll write a book 'how i solved the Broadchurch murder, if you go into the bookshop in town all those books are in there'.

Hmmm. Bugger. grin

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 15:59:41

there were two sandbrook victims i think?

BOF Tue 16-Apr-13 16:02:54

I read on twitter that the deleted text messages were from March, not the night of the murder, so IF that is the case (and I haven't seen a screenshot to confirm it), does this all hinge on something that happened that weekend paintballing?

DuelingFanjo Tue 16-Apr-13 16:05:26

but (if they are the same ones) they were at 3 something am - they wouldn't be paintballing then would they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now