Talk

Advanced search

Actor playing the lead on Endeavour.

(42 Posts)
marjproops Sun 14-Apr-13 20:59:36

just channel hopping and dont normally watch this type of prog but the lead actor playing Morse isnt bad!!!!

yep. left channel on, not bad at all...and Im not talking about his acting grin

dothraki Sun 14-Apr-13 21:07:49

DH keeps asking about who is playing his boss.
Why should I care - I'm multi-tasking (on here with one eye on the tv) grin

marjproops Sun 14-Apr-13 21:10:55

huh? theres a boss?!? My eyes have horse blinkers on, can only see the one guy grin!

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 14-Apr-13 21:13:50

I loved the pilot.

I found myself at the start if this one not watching the programme but listening to the Mozart mass in c

mummytime Sun 14-Apr-13 21:17:48

The boss is the actor from the thick of it, Roger Allam.

dothraki Sun 14-Apr-13 21:30:41

Thanks mummy smile

Frettchen Sun 14-Apr-13 21:39:49

He is oddly endearing...

SinisterBuggyMonth Sun 14-Apr-13 22:03:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marjproops Sun 14-Apr-13 22:17:35

yep. enjoyed him that!

dont ask me what the episode was about, I can never remember Merlin either, too busy swooning at the guys!

Ponders Sun 14-Apr-13 22:28:20

ohhh, Roger Allam! - also in Cabin Pressure (with Benedict Cumberbatch) (& John Finnemore, who merely wrote it)

it's a close little world, isn't it grin

I just caught the end (?) of Endeavour & I rather liked the Morsey one too!

diddl Tue 16-Apr-13 20:45:30

He's been in a few things with Rupert PJ, I think.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 17-Apr-13 10:29:09

Roger Allam and Benedict C were also in Parade's End together, and Shaun Evans is also in a film with Benedict.

Small world indeed!

maidmarian2012 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:48:27

Think he used to go out with Sonia from Easteneders (who is my double)

marjproops Thu 18-Apr-13 22:18:44

are we still talking abiut endeavor guy? how does the cumberband get into every thread?!?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 18-Apr-13 22:27:46

Sorry, marj! I think we're just making some points about how incestuous the world of acting seems to be sometimes.

marjproops Thu 18-Apr-13 22:29:28

thats okay, I hijak threads all the time without meaning to!!!!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 18-Apr-13 22:42:58

Hijack is a bit strong! grin There's also been mention of Roger Allam and Rupert PJ, among others.

marjproops Thu 18-Apr-13 22:48:16

didnt mean hijack in a harsh sense, apologies, i always use that word for ME, i always say in posts 'hope im not hijaking thread' and then go and change original subject, totally unawares!!

i cant think of another softer term...erm....meander?

plus i was asking an innocent question, sorry if you got the wrong idea then, this is a lighthearted thread, genuinly didnt know which guy was being discussed. blush

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 18-Apr-13 22:53:26

No, I'm sorry thanks! I was being light-hearted I thought – put the grin in to indicate that but obviously didn't communicate it well.

And to attempt to answer your question, I think the thing about 'him' going out with Sonia from EastEnders referred to Shaun Evans, not Cumberbatch.

marjproops Thu 18-Apr-13 22:56:28

oh okay grin grin back at you.

is that his name then? Shaun Evans? i just call him endeavor guy!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 18-Apr-13 22:57:57

Yep, that's him, although I'm sure he wouldn't mind 'endeavour guy'!

marjproops Fri 19-Apr-13 10:51:43

now I know his name hes on this morning this morning! will put up with eammon holmes for a peek!

amothersplaceisinthewrong Fri 19-Apr-13 10:54:33

I rather like Endeavour too! Love the way the characters from Morse (eg Superintendent Strange) are in it too...

marjproops Fri 19-Apr-13 11:05:22

dont know squat about the Morse stuff, just like watching this actor. on this morning as we type, and ermmm.....

think i prefer him in the programme!

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 21-Apr-13 22:40:19

How come Morse wasn't scared of heights in tonight's episode?

I think this is really well done, and I love the nods to to the original series (and the casting of the young Dr Max the pathologist is spot on) but fear of heights was a big part of Morse's character and it really jarred watching him on the roof tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now