Talk

Advanced search

Person of Interest

(25 Posts)
CoolCadbury Fri 12-Apr-13 23:02:03

Anyone else addicted to this show?

whatkungfuthat Sat 13-Apr-13 09:08:58

Me! It all got a bit personal last week didn't it?

secretscwirrels Sat 13-Apr-13 09:15:32

I do keep coming back to it in spite of Benjamin Lynus's annoying fake limp.

WeAreEternal Sat 13-Apr-13 09:17:03

I love love love this show.

whatkungfuthat Sat 13-Apr-13 09:35:24

I've said this before, but Jim Caviezel is my Jack Reacher

ApplesinmyPocket Sat 13-Apr-13 09:38:08

I love this show! Only seen season 1 so far, saving S2 to watch all in one go.

Ben Linus is my secret passion, loved him in Lost, love him in this - you can keep your Jim C (he is good though and I agree, would be THE Jack Reacher.)

marmite69 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:43:24

Me and dh love both series of this show, don't understand why it isn't more popular,v clever story lines, love how their past lives are gradually unfolding!

fussychica Sat 13-Apr-13 18:22:45

We all love this show. Yes agree Jim would make a good Jack.

coppertop Sat 13-Apr-13 21:39:20

I didn't like it at first but love it now. I think it just took a while to really get going.

dothraki Sat 13-Apr-13 21:46:18

Love it.

EllieQ Sun 14-Apr-13 14:53:33

I'm really enjoying it too! The back story is interesting, but what's going on with the mysterious hacker from a few episodes ago?

CoolCadbury Mon 15-Apr-13 08:38:19

Didn't manage to watch last night's episode yet - will see it tonight.

I am also loving finding out about their stories. It was good to JC smile very briefly last week.

I think the characters are interesting, esp Detective Fusco - I feel kind of sorry for him. Detective Carter is the least successful because she does not have that moral ambiguity that the rest of them have, although she is now starting to change because she is protecting John. Hopefully, she will get more interesting. I loved the fact that she kept the photo of John and his love.

Ellie. Assuming they did not show it last night, I'm sure they will come back to her and also to John's ex-colleague.

The only thing that does not convince me is Brennan Brown - I just can't take him seriously after the orange Wednesdays adverts!

whatkungfuthat Mon 15-Apr-13 11:13:04

Last night's was very good, things are shaping up nicely for the season finale next week

HolyMackerel Tue 16-Apr-13 13:11:34

This show is getting better and better, with each week's episode outdoing the last. Can't wait for Sunday's finale - hope we don't have to wait too long for season 2...

I am totally mesmerised by Jim Caviezel's face, particularly his blue eyes which are just so emotive. He was fantastic in The Thin Red Line too with the shell-shocked weary/sad eyes thing grin

And yy to perfect Jack Reacher, that would have been a film worth watching!

SunnyRandall Tue 16-Apr-13 21:13:03

I thought the mysterious hacker was John's ex colleague. Just going on swishy hair back view and computer in her apartment.

CoolCadbury Tue 16-Apr-13 21:20:59

Well, I watched Sunday's episode. Poor Harold and his lost love. It broke my heart, more so than the relationship John lost. It was really well done and she seemed lovely.

Sunny. It could be John's ex-colleague but I thought the hacker was more an adversary for Harold rather than John.

I'm interested to know what this HR business is going to be about. I guess the finale is going to be about that?

whatkungfuthat Tue 16-Apr-13 21:34:09

I am sure we have seen the hacker though, iirc she is younger

Allthingspretty Wed 17-Apr-13 21:48:30

Love it and yes the hacker appears younger

NetworkGuy Thu 18-Apr-13 15:09:54

saving S2 to watch all in one go.

Where did you get S2 from ? If you've been recording from Five, then as far as I know, they split season 1 into two chunks so we're just coming to the end of S1... BICBW, of course.

NetworkGuy Thu 18-Apr-13 15:12:36

One tiny niggle (and they should fix it one day) is having it go back to "2005" or "2009" and then "return" to "2012" rather than say "current day".

Fine if you are in USA where it went out first, but daft when they are selling abroad and we tend to get US shows 3-9 months later, so a technique others hopefully won't follow!

CoolCadbury Mon 22-Apr-13 10:03:30

How good was the season finale? The tension, the pace, the twists and turns. Edge of seat stuff.

I wonder when season 2 will be on?

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 22-Apr-13 10:13:01

I think the announcer said later in the year? Hopefully autumn! It's brilliant - fills my Homeland gap almost.

And yes yes fir Jack Reacher.

Thank you.

EasyFromNowOn Mon 22-Apr-13 13:48:33

I would happily have watched a Reacher played by Jim Caviezel.

I watch at US speed, it's available from all the places you can usually stream/dl tv from. I also watch again when it's on 5, I'm just impatient!

Mysterious hacker is not John's colleague, hacker is younger looking. There's also an additional recurring female character with long swishy dark hair who appears later on in s2 to really muddle things up!!

whatkungfuthat Mon 22-Apr-13 13:52:51

I thought that Alesha woman might come on board in some way but she just got shot shock brilliant red herring. Was it supposed to be the machine on the pay phone? That's a bit 'woo'

EllieQ Tue 23-Apr-13 14:54:37

I was really surprised by what happened to Alesha, but I'd read a spoiler about Amy Acker's character, so I knew she wasn't exactly as she seemed...

It's an interesting idea that the machine is self-aware - wasn't that why Alesha was so 'off the grid' and lived somewhere without wifi or mobile phone coverage (can't quite remember the details).

I was pleased that Carter and Fusco know about each other now! It felt unrealistic that they hadn't figured it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now