Talk

Advanced search

I have just watched J R Ewing's funeral.......

(10 Posts)
SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 30-Mar-13 22:20:50

And cried my eyes out. It feels like the end of an era I'm in my late thirties

scottishmummy Sat 30-Mar-13 23:32:55

Is dallas back on c5.Dallas was my mum fave programme

bluebump Sat 30-Mar-13 23:33:58

I wish they'd left it on at 10pm not at 11pm, I was enjoying watching it.

SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 30-Mar-13 23:47:45

It is on channel5 but I'm not sure when, I saved up loads of episodes and watched them on sky+. This series has been better than the last one, it got into its stride with character's personalities better developed.

I watched the original series with my mum when I was a child, never missed it. I found the funeral very moving, especially knowing that Larry Hagman had died.

If you can catch repeats somewhere it is well worth a look.

TerraNotSoFirma Sat 30-Mar-13 23:52:47

Same here.
Can't believe JR is gone. A big part of my childhood was watching DALLAS and listening to my mum shout at the tv at JR for being rotten to Sue Ellen.

Am really enjoying this season.

SpanishFly Sun 31-Mar-13 21:52:44

I cried too. The scene with Bobby sitting on JR's bed crying was really sad, knowing they were real tears for his real life best friend

SpanishFly Wed 03-Apr-13 21:05:46

Would a surgeon really tell someone at 20w pg that they'd have to abort the babies to have surgery...?

RafflesWay Fri 05-Apr-13 16:16:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FairVerona Sat 13-Apr-13 00:02:31

Jr's funeral made me bawl like a baby. I lost my mum last year and I think it was the memory of watching it with her when I was a teenager that made it so poignant. And Larry Hagman was a legend!

DTisMYdoctor Sat 13-Apr-13 00:12:58

RafflesWay - was that the movie made after the original series finished? I'm sure the new series ignored the events of the movie (slightly embarrassed to know or care about this fact grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now