Talk

Advanced search

40 year old virgins ch4. It's just wrong!

(11 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Thu 28-Mar-13 21:31:28

Anyone watching and thinking the 'therapy' is just bizarre. Therapists blatantly violating every boundary with some people whose boundaries were already severely violated as a child (sexually abused). And masquerading as therapists, I'm quite shocked this actually goes on. I can imagine that very vulnerable people can be completely taken advantage of. It is the USA... Hopefully it's not being practiced in the uk!

MartinScorsassy Thu 28-Mar-13 21:39:05

I'm really cringing watching it!!

merrymuzzie Thu 28-Mar-13 21:40:48

I agree its cringe, but I dont agree with you about the therapists violating their clients. The clients sought out therapy, not the other way around.

DomesticCEO Thu 28-Mar-13 21:44:41

I just cannot believe these people want this on national tv sad shock.

MartinScorsassy Thu 28-Mar-13 21:45:56

I've only watched 10 minutes or so of it so don't know the full stories. I do agree these people are vulnerable however I don't necessarily think they are being violated by voluntarily placing themselves in this situation.

MartinScorsassy Thu 28-Mar-13 21:46:52

Agree with DomesticCEO - it's the same with Embarrassing Bodies!!

AKissIsNotAContract Thu 28-Mar-13 21:49:16

It is practiced in the UK! Anyone remember that thread with that website of the weirdy man who does this in the UK?

DomesticCEO Thu 28-Mar-13 21:51:43

Martin, yes, that programme blows my mind - "I'm too embarrassed to show my body to a GP but happy for my family/friends/work colleagues/total strangers to have a good old close up on national telly!!!!

InNeedOfBrandy Thu 28-Mar-13 21:53:57

I don't think it's violating, cringy yes, violating no.

C4 if anything are the ones taking advantage not the "therapists" imo.

MartinScorsassy Thu 28-Mar-13 21:54:17

My thoughts exactly! I'd be worried I'd be recognised in the streets afterwards! shock

SirBoobAlot Thu 28-Mar-13 22:01:36

Actually I think looking at the change in Clive, in how he seems in himself, makes me think that there are some good points to this. Bizarre, yes. Controversial, yes. But I don't think negative.

Certainly wouldn't say it was violating, as Rosie felt able to call an end to it when she didn't feel it was working for her.

I wish them both both joy and many many many orgasms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now