Talk

Advanced search

Parks and Recreation

(21 Posts)
Bue Wed 27-Mar-13 15:48:27

Am I the only one watching this? It really is as good as I had heard - Leslie Knope is a fruitloop and the supporting characters are brill. I love a bit of women-centred comedy! Have heard it really picks up in later series though.

OddBoots Wed 27-Mar-13 15:51:04

I've tried to watch and wanted to like it but I found it too cringy. sad

OBface Wed 27-Mar-13 15:52:50

Yep really enjoying it here. It's supposed to get better from season two onwards as well - happy days

EasterBunnyLebowski Wed 27-Mar-13 15:53:52

It's in my top 5 sitcoms of all time.

Admittedly S1 is a wee bit patchy (and S5 is a bit weak) but it takes off in PS2 and is bloody genius for 3 seasons.

Leslie is ace and Ron Swanson is mine and DP's hero grin.

Bue Wed 27-Mar-13 17:41:49

Yes Ron Swanson is just the best. I also love the intern and her withering looks to camera. Agree some episodes so far are better than others - someone recommended to me to just start on series 2 so I'm looking forward to that starting this week.

twitchycurtains Wed 27-Mar-13 22:46:14

Ron Swanson and April are the best, all the episodes focussing on his private life are some of the funniest scenes I have seen sitcom wise.

nars Thu 28-Mar-13 07:52:24

it's ok, seems a bit laboured and obviously copies the office format, sitting on the fence a bit. characters way ott

auforfoulkesake Thu 28-Mar-13 07:55:28

yes I have been enjoying this, is it sort of like the Office with the camera team following her around?

BabeRuthless Thu 28-Mar-13 10:26:49

To anyone wavering, stick with it because its about to get soooo good. Season 2 is a massive improvement & you've still got Rob Lowe to come.

Echocave Thu 28-Mar-13 19:01:31

I Love this programme! Amy Poehler is absolutely hilarious and the character is sweet. I thought the first couple of episodes could've been better but after that, it's got better and better.

montage Thu 28-Mar-13 21:10:40

I saw season 2 and 3 before season 1 and its definately better - it becomes more it's own programme (it was originally going to be a spinofff from The Office).

Also April gets her own storylines which is excellent grin

Merrylegs Thu 28-Mar-13 21:38:43

I have been enjoying it, but wowzers - Rob Lowe? I think it just became my new favourite show.

FrillyMilly Fri 29-Mar-13 20:28:38

I love it. I've been waiting for it to come on UK Telly for ages.

BrianButterfield Fri 29-Mar-13 20:44:47

I agree that seasons 2 and 3 are just brilliant stuff! We love Ron in this house but all the characters just get better and better.

Andcake Fri 29-Mar-13 20:54:00

Ooh have just watched s1 which I really enjoyed and have the first episodes of s2 waiting to be watched, after reading this thread I can't wait. Now ds please settle.

Bue Fri 29-Mar-13 21:30:06

I thought the garden stakeout episode was the first one that was really excellent from start to finish. Ron's hernia and the interview between Leslie and the policeman had me in stitches!

BabeRuthless Sat 30-Mar-13 11:08:23

The episodes with anyone of Ron's ex wives are my favourites. I love how Jerry gradually turns into the office whipping boy too.

fussychica Sat 30-Mar-13 17:44:01

I've only watched a couple of episodes so far with a couple more ready to watch. It's growing on me but not established as a fav yet. Time will tell.

DukeSilver Sat 30-Mar-13 17:51:33

Best program ever!! You may be able to tell i'm a fan by my username grin

I really love Ron. He is such a great character.

JazzDalek Sat 30-Mar-13 20:48:21

Absolutely love it, and yes, it gets a whole lot better from S2 on grin

I marathoned the whole series about a month ago and am now re-watching with DP. It is just a thing of joy!

HilaryM Sat 20-Apr-13 22:17:25

Ron Swanson is a god

Poor Jerry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now