Talk

Advanced search

Keeping Britain Alive

(10 Posts)
danceponydance Tue 26-Mar-13 21:42:29

Anyone watching this? It's fascinating and has a different perspective from other 'fly on the wall' programmes. Such amazing people work in the NHS.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 27-Mar-13 12:51:25

yes- thought it was excellent

danceponydance Wed 27-Mar-13 19:47:24

I'm so glad someone else saw this, I was starting to think I was on my own smile

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 27-Mar-13 20:03:04

grin

VestaCurry Thu 28-Mar-13 01:52:29

Incredible pioneering surgery done for the 64 yr old man who had had a stroke.

I found I had a lump in my throat many times, the NHS is incredible so much of the time as demonstrated in this programme. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 28-Mar-13 11:14:22

I have nothing but huge praise for the NHS - I also agreed with the nurse in the assessment place about people not being so stoical these days and rushing straight to A&E .

danceponydance Tue 02-Apr-13 21:37:34

Heartbreaking seeing the man with dementia and his wife.

thefemaleJoshLyman Tue 02-Apr-13 22:05:26

We are so lucky in the UK. It was very moving, the dementia wife was so loyal, I have so much respect for her.

magimedi Tue 02-Apr-13 22:44:00

The dementia story had me close to tears - as did the man who gave his wife his kidney.

Both examples of real unselfishness.

danceponydance Wed 03-Apr-13 21:22:00

I spent most of the programme trying not to cry but lost it at the end when it said that the man with dementia had had to go into a hospital secure unit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now