Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching The New Outnumbered?

(34 Posts)
LittleBairn Mon 24-Dec-12 21:56:39

My god how old do the kids look now!

BluelightsAndSirens Mon 24-Dec-12 21:58:51

Fluck me I have just said that! Ben has a really deep voice, I've yet to see Karen is she is hot pants with her chest hanging out?

LittleBairn Mon 24-Dec-12 22:00:18

Karen just looks tall.
Ok I know kids grow like weeds but what have they been giving them some sort of growing steroids! Ben looks older than his older brother!

tigerdriverII Mon 24-Dec-12 22:01:09

Just as tragic as every other Outnumbered. The world's most tedious show. Fact.

Glitterknickaz Mon 24-Dec-12 22:02:03

What bloody happened to them?

ZenNudist Mon 24-Dec-12 22:02:05

The eldest ones's hair is funny!

Also thus show annoys me for many reasons. Tonight's is that is a person with the norovirus turned up at my house I'd ask them to leave.... But noone would ever go out in this state!

LittleBairn Mon 24-Dec-12 22:04:01

The lad that plays Ben is only 13, he could pass for an 18 year old.
Bens rumblings just don't work without him being a cute kid.

Yes I wouldn't even open my door to someone with norovirus!

BluelightsAndSirens Mon 24-Dec-12 22:04:11

Fluck me? <eyes baileys bottle>

I like outnumbered but I know it's not a MN top 10 favorite.

ZenNudist Mon 24-Dec-12 22:04:36

Karen has changed beyond all recognition. Her delivery is same head in the clouds nonsense. I hate the way they try and rationalise things with her and never discipline her.

It's not real. Breathe.

LittleBairn Mon 24-Dec-12 22:11:21

Oh I don't know Zen I've known a few kids like them. Usually the parents just give up.

Ive always liked Karen but Ben really annoys me. That said it was much funnier when the kids were younger.

BluelightsAndSirens Mon 24-Dec-12 22:24:27

It's not the same at all, kids arnt funny after the age of 8. They just become obnoxious and annoying.

My 4 yr old is sleeping with a big grin on her face, my 9 & 11 yr olds are still wandering around upstairs declaring they can stay up later than me and catch "father Christmas out" lots of nodding and winking between them and I'm sure I have spied a can of silly string being passed between them hmm

LadyBeagleBaublesandBells Mon 24-Dec-12 22:32:57

I thought it was really funny tonight.
I loved the party and the racist neighbour Norris.

cece Mon 24-Dec-12 22:38:16

I thought it was very funny tonight. I've never been able to watch a whole episode previously, so to me it was funnier/more entertaining.

montage Mon 24-Dec-12 22:46:24

I'm sure after surviving the hell that Ben's toddler years must have been, the parents would never have recovered sufficiently to even start disciplining Karen.

<takes it all too seriously>

I've always liked her though. I like how she gets to the heart of the matter.

All the children seem to have aged about 3 years.

montage Mon 24-Dec-12 22:47:25

The new season starts in 2013 BTW.

LadyBeagleBaublesandBells Mon 24-Dec-12 23:20:01

Jane arriving with Noro Virus could have been a MN AIBU thread.
It would have been full of outrage. grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 26-Dec-12 00:18:23

I can't stand it. My DC got massively into Outnumbered over the summer and watched the early shows (endlessly) on catch-up.
Then my 13 yo DS started copying (subconciously perhaps) Ben's irritating as f**k whingey droney voice.

So I had to stop them watching (and the annoying voice stopped)

I'd still do Hugh Dennis. Twice.

Just watched it.

Not as funny as when they were young but still funny I think.

I would fight you for Hugh wink

Clary Wed 26-Dec-12 14:09:11

I thought it was poor - Jake has been old for a while so that was OK but Ben clearly a lot older than 12 and Karen no longer cute and funny, just really annoying. Also why is she called Karen?? Who has children called jake,Ben and Karen??? Jake and Ben's sister is Emily or Izzy or Jess or Charlotte, surely? Karen is my mate along with Clare, Susan, Julie and Tricia. <rant>

Still like Hugh tho yumyum.

ImperialBlether Wed 26-Dec-12 16:58:50

Do you remember the episode when the mum was on Mumsnet?

Erebus Wed 26-Dec-12 17:58:44

Glad I read this. I have stayed away from ON this year (and I think, last Xmas?) because the children are just TOO OLD for their lines, In little kids, it's cute and funny. At their ages they're obnoxious and a bit embarrassing.

I can't watch the last Harry Potter for the same reasons. It's like Blue Remembered Hills!

DoesntTurkeyNSproutSoupDragOn Wed 26-Dec-12 18:04:16

Ben clearly a lot older than 12

The actor was 13 in October.

tiredlady Wed 26-Dec-12 18:10:40

Clary,
You are absolutely right. There is no way a girl that age would be called Karen. She would definitely be an Emily, Holly or a Lucy.
Karen is in her mid forties and works in HR. She is not a little girl

amillionyears Wed 26-Dec-12 18:15:49

I quite liked it.

I was aghast too to see how Ben seems to have gone from about 9 years old to about 15 and might need to start shaving any day now, in the space of a year.
Though never seem to watch the series in the correct order,so may have missed a series?

ItsaTIARA Wed 26-Dec-12 18:19:16

It had never occurred to me, but yes Karen is a rubbish name. But then it suits her character. Maybe she's channelling her 40-something Head of Strategic Planning namesake.

But I think that Jane turning up with Norovirus is spot on, that's exactly the sort of thing she'd do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now