Talk

Advanced search

Apocalypse - part 2

(50 Posts)
GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:00:28

Anyone watching??

I kno wit got a bit of a kicking on here last week but I quite like Derren brown.

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:05:43

Just me?? <tumbleweed>

snowmummy Fri 02-Nov-12 21:06:14

Me. I didn't see it last week. Have they really done this - its one elaborate hoax to say the least. The poor bloke will never trust anyone again. I think its unethical.

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:10:25

I'm not sure if we are being duped or not. But I'm interested in it from the social experiment.

snowmummy Fri 02-Nov-12 21:12:36

We must be being duped! I cannot believe that they can set this up and make someone believe they're in an episode of the walking dead. Its got to be a scam?

JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 02-Nov-12 21:13:35

It's quite an interesting social experiment but I'm hmm about the ethics and also not sure it's clever enough for derren, there must be a twist otherwise it's just a very big prank?
If its just a prank it doesn't really need derrens involvement apart from the hypnotising sleep part?

LexieSinclair Fri 02-Nov-12 21:13:40

I didn't see it last week but I am hooked this week. If this is real that's a hell of a way of teaching him a lesson!!

SucksToBeScaryMe Fri 02-Nov-12 21:14:02

I'm waiting for the twist!! I hate watching something with such skeptical specs on, I really want to believe its above board.

noblegiraffe Fri 02-Nov-12 21:14:29

Any less ethical than Big Brother or Jeremy Kyle? At least this guy will hopefully come out of the experience a better person.

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:16:00

If you look at the way it's been filmed it has all taken place on what looks like a disused army base or something. Last week when the Scottish guy picked them up they were in the back on an ambulance but it had no windows for them to see where they were going. He thinks they are miles away from they were picked up, but really the Scottish guy could have just driven in circles for 20 minutes.

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:17:13

And there have been loads of wizard of oz references .....
Not sure what that mend though

mewkins Fri 02-Nov-12 21:17:55

I love it! I have to say that I've watched Derren Brown's experiments from the beginning and saw him live so don't doubt his capabilities. It's amazing what the power of suggestion can do and then it's obviously been reinforced by amazing effects!
Steven did answer an ad to take part in an experiment and presumably saw this before it was aired.

SucksToBeScaryMe Fri 02-Nov-12 21:18:56

I didn't get the wizard of OZ references either.

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:19:01

Would be interested to see how it would pan out if it was an mner with her ofrs!!

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:21:37

Brains heart courage

the mechanics last week was called Kansas something.

Adversecamber Fri 02-Nov-12 21:26:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheLittleMe Fri 02-Nov-12 21:28:28

Come on Derren... What is the twist going to be?????

thenightsky Fri 02-Nov-12 21:31:36

I saw the last half of last week's episode, so didn't see the criteria Derren used to pick a 'victim'. Loved the whole thing though.

redlac Fri 02-Nov-12 21:33:00

It's beginning to annoy me now - any normal person would know that you don't act like that around zombies, you would be saying bugger that I'm going for the head!! But he's an actor and knows what's going on - and his eyebrows are annoying me too

VivaLeBeaver Fri 02-Nov-12 21:33:47

I dont think there is a twist.

redlac Fri 02-Nov-12 21:35:55

I don't either Viva - I think Derrens lost his edge

YouMakeMeWannaLaLa Fri 02-Nov-12 21:36:53

What if he attacked one of the 'zombies' and killed them? Where would the law stand?

TheLittleMe Fri 02-Nov-12 21:44:02

He looks like he is going to have a heart attack!!

GlaikitFizzog Fri 02-Nov-12 21:44:08

I think there are people on hand to intervene if it got to the point of him attacking someone.

If he is an actor, then his brother is one too because there is no way they aren't related.

mewkins Fri 02-Nov-12 21:46:46

They aren't zombies!!!! they are living but infected people. He is being very carefully guarded at certain points (possibly to ensure he doesn't lose the plot!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now