Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone watching 'The Human Mannequin'?

(11 Posts)
BananaBubbles Thu 01-Nov-12 21:03:16

The title makes me wince a little,but it's on Channel 4 now.

GwendolineScaryLacey Thu 01-Nov-12 21:11:40

I'm trying to watch it. I have a real phobia of anything to do with bones though so I'm feeling a bit dizzy watching it, which then makes me feel a bit of a pillock when you think of what this girl has ahead of her.

And I hate the title.

Itsgottabebags Thu 01-Nov-12 21:27:20

Yes.

Sparklingbrook Thu 01-Nov-12 21:28:41

I know what it's about but I can't. I would be sobbing.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 01-Nov-12 21:32:52

It is heartbreaking.

Silvertop Thu 01-Nov-12 21:35:19

Don't think it would make you sob, she's a beautiful, articulate girl and a real tough cookie. Really inspiring but HATE the title of the show. Why do they always have to have such sensationalist bloody titles. She's a person not a mannequin!

MavisGrind Thu 01-Nov-12 21:36:50

I'm watching. The title is a bit crass but I suppose I can see why then chose it. She's a beautiful looking girl, I can't help thinking that her determination could be channelled into something really worthwhile.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 01-Nov-12 21:37:38

She's a beautiful girl with a lovely family.

squoosh Thu 01-Nov-12 21:52:46

I can't help thinking that her determination could be channelled into something really worthwhile.

She has a determination to work in fashion, that's as legitimate an ambition as any other. Just because she's disabled doesn't mean she should focus her energy on 'worthy' causes.

I think she's fab, so is her Granny!

jessiegee Thu 01-Nov-12 21:53:36

Yes. What an amazing attitude. When she told her Mum not to cry, because she doesn't cry."!! I hope she does get a job in fashion. She is certainly naturally brilliant at putting a look together and seems a natural. The thing in life is to find something you love and get someone to pay you to do it. In Louise's case, that is fashion. I think it is a worthwhile career.

MavisGrind Thu 01-Nov-12 22:07:35

Fair do's, I'm not knocking a career in fashion, nor do I think her ambitions should be somehow 'worthy', just that - how amazing is her determination! She could achieve anything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now