Talk

Advanced search

Banaz an honour killing

(5 Posts)
SoleSource Thu 01-Nov-12 00:24:50

I am watching onITV +1

I am feeling very disturbed.

Totally let down ignored then murdered by nothing but backward animals.

That beaitiful girl sad

NadiaWadia Thu 01-Nov-12 02:30:46

I know. I wish I hadn't watched it now, but I suppose we need to know. I can't stop thinking about her.

What kind of 'family' what kind of 'honour' is that? And the whole community seemed to be complicit.

The police let her down completely, but good on that policewoman (Caroline something?) for bringing them all to justice in the end. Pity it was too late for Banaz. Hopefully lessons have been learned, etc. (but officialdom always say that, don't they?)

chipstick10 Thu 01-Nov-12 07:35:33

I wish i hadn't watched it, that poor girl, everyone let her down. Omg the way women are viewed in those cultures, its terrifying. I cant stop thinking of that lovely girl. The police let her down very badly, at least they were able to put her killers behind bars.

Nancy66 Thu 01-Nov-12 09:41:38

God that was horrific viewing.

The transcript of the tapped phone call of one of her killers was chilling. not only did they murder her they all raped her too.

Fucking animals and all in the name of 'honour.'

SoleSource Thu 01-Nov-12 12:46:40

I had a nightmare. I saw what they did to thst beautiful intelligent, brave girl. Just wish she had run away with her Sister...I wonder why she didn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now