Talk

Advanced search

Horror Europa with Mark Gatiss - BBC4

(8 Posts)
wintera Tue 30-Oct-12 21:19:35

Anyone else watching this? I love Mark Gatiss! I also really liked the History of Horror that he did so this is right up my street!

givemushypeasachance Tue 30-Oct-12 23:10:19

Mark and his lovely ginger beard of knowledge and his spiffy blue suit can go around being enthusiastic and endearingly, geekily knowledgeable about whatever he likes and I will tune in.

wintera Wed 31-Oct-12 07:46:05

Aww, that's the way I feel about him too!

givemushypeasachance Wed 31-Oct-12 12:52:05

He's a lovely man and a brilliant actor/writer/producer - saw him as Charles I in 55 Days the other week and he was fab. The Scottish accent and all that lace & period ruffles was a plus as well! wink

He's tweeted about where the suit & shoes came from this morning - he's evidently had lots of questions about his European tour stylishness.

chickensaresafehere Wed 31-Oct-12 16:34:01

Just watched it on i-player.Great programme & I totally agree with you about Mark.Off to watch 'The Devils Backbone',can't believe I've not seen itblush

wintera Wed 31-Oct-12 18:43:09

Some of those old silent movies are far more terrifying than today's offerings aren't they? Nosfarautu scared the be-Jaysus out of me when I saw it years ago. Max Schreck was amazing!

BeatTheClock Wed 31-Oct-12 18:46:15

I saw it too! I really love Mark Gatiss and always watch him if he's on. He has the BEST grin ever (and the rest of the League of Gentelmen).

givemushypeasachance Thu 01-Nov-12 13:21:26

I loved it when he went into that basement/museum place and his eyes lit up like a five year old at Christmas - it might have been quite a whistle-stop-tour of Europe working holiday, but he was clearly having the time of his life as well. It's lovely to watch someone enthuse about a subject close to their heart.

The bit where he was fondling that knife wearing black leather gloves... swoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now