Talk

Advanced search

GBBO - What happened to last years competitors

(25 Posts)
DorsetKnob Tue 23-Oct-12 20:35:34

BBC2 now.

Likesshinythings Tue 23-Oct-12 20:36:48

Am watching and tormenting my friend Ian via Facebook at the same time. A good night in!

DorsetKnob Tue 23-Oct-12 20:39:36

I am really enjoying it. And what a varied array of jobs they now have,

vigglewiggle Tue 23-Oct-12 20:40:34

Comfort tv!

Jux Tue 23-Oct-12 20:46:56

This is lovely. DD and I really enjoying it.

Jux Tue 23-Oct-12 20:49:16

I loved Janet.

Jux Tue 23-Oct-12 20:50:18

And Mary Anne.

outtolunchagain Tue 23-Oct-12 21:11:53

I loved Janet too and Jason .

hobnobsaremyfave Tue 23-Oct-12 21:15:22

Rob's eyes are mesmerising.
Janet and Mary ann are amazing.

ppeatfruit Wed 24-Oct-12 10:41:42

I can see why we were all --wetting ourselves--getting excited over Rob last year grin blimey he's gorgeous and doesn't seem to know it grin. Yes it was a smashing programme; anyone watching the master classes as well? Like me (I know I should get out more grin)

Jux Wed 24-Oct-12 18:30:25

Tear me away from them - if you can!

outtolunchagain Wed 24-Oct-12 20:15:14

Just watched the master class , have to say really don't think fondant fancies or chocolate tea cakes are worth the effort of making at home

Yorky Wed 24-Oct-12 20:40:56

outtolunch - I'd like to make them just to say I had done, but for the cost of ingredients, and then an hourly rate for faffing about - tesco is probably more realistic :D

Jux Wed 24-Oct-12 21:53:04

I would too, just so I could say I had (but not really worth it). I'd have to buy a mould for the teacakes, and I'm sure I'd only use it once. I don't think I could bear the faff of the fondant fancies, and can't say I was ever into them, even as a child.

DD wants me to make Queen of Puddings this w/e, now, but dh doesn't fancy it and wants doughnuts.

ppeatfruit Thu 25-Oct-12 08:33:07

Those fancies were SOOO sweet they made my teeth ache to look at them shock I'd make the Q of P though. MIL use to make that; mind you that's sweet too!!

harbingerofdoom Fri 26-Oct-12 19:06:45

Did anyone watch the Masterclass last night? Thought it was a lot more useful than the previous week.
Paul's hands...........mixing..........ummm

EvilTwins Fri 26-Oct-12 19:10:31

I got the recipe book and made the Queen of Puddings for my parents one Sunday. Mum used to make it when I was a child, and it was always a favourite. Dad declared the GBBO version better than Mum's grin. Used bought jam though. Some things are too much faff.

LiviaAugusta Fri 26-Oct-12 20:18:26

I've loved all the masterclasses and the 'where are they now' programme - I'd forgotten how lovely Jason was! Really want to make the fondant fancies and Chelsea buns, don't fancy the QoP though as it looks too sweet and I'm not keen on meringue.

Jux Fri 26-Oct-12 21:04:24

We're having friends over this w/e (I think) who have 2 small kids. I'm going to make QoP as I think that's something they'll seriously love. Haven't checked I've got a recipe though - but I've seen it on the telly .... grin

harbingerofdoom Fri 26-Oct-12 21:38:55

I don't need to keep hearing about QorPs,it's vile and so is semolina,tapioca,cremola and custard. I like the bready things smile

wintera Fri 26-Oct-12 21:49:35

I didn't fancy Q of Pud either. It just didn't look right to me. It's weird cos I like those ingredients but just didn't think it looked good all mixed together. I did however fancy the Frasier cake. That looked very nice. No way could I be arsed making those fancies though.

ppeatfruit Sat 27-Oct-12 09:36:37

wintera the Frasier cake was soooo complicated; all that film and pushing the strawberries up so they don't fall etc. no way grin I like the sponge puddings not with so much sauce.

ppeatfruit Sat 27-Oct-12 09:38:17

With custard grin

outtolunchagain Sat 27-Oct-12 10:09:08

I am afraid Q of P always reminds me of school ,it was always sloppy and slightly tasting of undercooked eggsad

Mary's looked much more appetising until I saw it sliding onto Paul's plate and it brought all those memories back .

ppeatfruit Sat 27-Oct-12 10:27:21

IKWYM outto The one thing I liked about school dinners were the sponge puddings and custard (no eggs though) i still fancy them but 'cos i'm on a health kick I make them without eggs.milk,wheat and sugar shock and they're nice honest!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now