Talk

Advanced search

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

(100 Posts)
JakeBullet Mon 22-Oct-12 16:53:26

Watching it on LoveFilm....forgot how bloody good and funny it was. Spike is my hero....

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Mon 22-Oct-12 16:56:39

Ah, BTVS, bloody amazing program!

Spike, oh Spike......I love him so.

I will start posting links to the musical episode, which is my fave, if you're not careful!

Favourite series was 3 - bad Angel and Faith, brilliant (somebody will now come and correct me, I think it was series 3 but maybe 2?)

Slatternismymiddlename Tue 23-Oct-12 11:20:53

I agree, the series with Faith and the Mayor was the best. I thought Spike was fantastic although could have done without the hand wringing they made him go through in the last Buffy series. He was at his best when he was kicking ass and making snarky comments.

ChocolateZombiesmakemefat Tue 23-Oct-12 11:31:21

Spike is the best character by far, I love love love BTVS, might go back to the start with my box sets. Best episodes for me were Hush- were they lost their voices and Riley and Buffy found out about each other. The one were Buffy died and the last two episodes of the final series.

The singing episode was good at the end when she revealed she was in heaven, Willows face was fabulous.

Sorry I could go on but that would make me look even more obsessive than i already am! grin

FrankelDeBeauvoir Wed 24-Oct-12 21:29:21

Fantastic show grin

As soon as I finish my West Wing rewatch I need a Buffy rewatch grin

HumphreyCobbler Wed 24-Oct-12 21:33:10

It is superb. I loved it.

Series 5 overall was my favourite, although many episodes stand out. The musical one is quite simply the best television ever made grin. The music was terribly clever but it was the way it brought all the story arcs together that really impressed me.

The way Spike fell in love with Buffy over such a long time made all of us fall in love with him too <sigh>

SecretNutellaFix Wed 24-Oct-12 21:34:40

DH bought the dvd boxset. And the Angel one as well.

JakeBullet Wed 24-Oct-12 21:35:38

I am in an orgynof Season 5 right now.....just got to the bit where Glory has realised Dawn is the Key.

....and as for the Buffybot.....just ewwwwww!

SilveryMoon Wed 24-Oct-12 21:35:49

Love Buffy.
I missed a few series, need a rewatch. Was confused as to the sudden appearance of dawn and have never seenthelast few series. Have no idea the last ones I saw. Think when her mum died.
I LOVED the Halloween one where the adults turned into teens and mum and Giles messed about. So funny

FrankelDeBeauvoir Wed 24-Oct-12 21:40:19

I would very very happily let Spike do bad things to me grin

DisappointedHorse Wed 24-Oct-12 21:40:35

What HumphreyCobbler said!

I love it all but season 5 is my favourite. The episode where her Mum dies is haunting and Glory was a wonderful baddie. Also love the musical episode.

Joss Whedon in general is brilliant, Firefly, Angel, Dollhouse and even The Cabin in the Woods.

MardyArsedMidlander Thu 25-Oct-12 09:26:23

Wot Frankel says. Sigh. he has ruined me for normal men.

Watching Buffy is a bittersweet experience- sad that there are still so few female heroines like this.

And the scene where she discovers her mother dead- I went through a very similar thing at the same age and just wish I had seen the series then as it might have helped me a lot sad

Shodan Thu 25-Oct-12 09:37:03

I love BTVS and Angel.

If it was for sexy time though it's got to be Angel. Spike's too skinny!

Series 5 was the pinnacle, imo. Glory was an awesome baddie. I never really liked Angel, he was too angsty. I did like evil Willow, though.

Figgygal Thu 25-Oct-12 09:49:52

I was soooooo obsessed with this!!

MardyArsedMidlander Thu 25-Oct-12 09:53:04

Angel reminds me of a similarly sulky broody ex- who in my teenage years I thought was the epitome of dreamy. And I now look back and think 'FFS get OVER yourself ' grin

FrankelDeBeauvoir Thu 25-Oct-12 10:44:02

"5 words: Out. For. A. Walk. [pause] Bitch!" grin

I just love that Joss Whedon was able to slip words like wanker, bollocks, shag, etc into Spike's dialogue without the network realising what they actually meant grin

Elsqueak Thu 25-Oct-12 10:47:00

Ah, Buffy...I do miss it! Excellent writing and just enough creepiness!
Does anyone remember the eerie skin eating, Gollum type creature that skinned Willow?
Anyway, being a proper geek I was wondering if there was still Sunnydale high T- shirts you could buy? I didn't get one at the height of it's popularity and I really fancy having one!

susiedaisy Thu 25-Oct-12 10:47:34

Yep I loved the buffy series especially when Angel, Spike, Darla and Dreucilla (sp?) were in it!

AmazingBouncingFerret Thu 25-Oct-12 10:48:26

Frankel grin I love Spike's snark.

I couldnt possibly name my favourite episodes, there's too many. Wasnt so keen on season bore four though.

My sister buys the comics which carries the story on after the TV finale.

Brugmansia Thu 25-Oct-12 20:19:57

Haven't watched it for years. I'm planning on getting the whole box set for watching when I start maternity leave in a couple of months.

Shodan Thu 25-Oct-12 22:50:45

Yes got to admit Spike's snarkiness was fab. And yes, Angel was a bit too angsty.

But hey- he doesn't have to talk during sexy time, does he? wink grin

wintera Thu 25-Oct-12 22:55:49

I've been reading the follow on comics. Some of its quite mucky with erm . . interesting pictures!

wintera Thu 25-Oct-12 23:00:14

There's some Buffy merchandise here -

www.redbubble.com/shop/buffy+t-shirts

Elsqueak Fri 26-Oct-12 10:29:39

Oo, looks good. Thanks Wintera!
When you say "mucky" are we talking "the deed"?! (giggles and flutters Victorian fan over blushing face) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now