Talk

Advanced search

Donald Trump's Golf Course.

(15 Posts)
Horsemad Sun 21-Oct-12 23:58:51

Just caught tail end of tv prog about DT wanting to decimate a beautiful piece of Scotland to build a golf course. My God, what a vile man he is. But, more importantly, Scots - how can you trust a government who is willing to be seduced by money???? Would you trust this government to facilitate a split from England??? I know I wouldn't!

Doodlez Mon 22-Oct-12 00:13:53

Watched the whole thing. What the police did (and didn't do) is shocking. In fact, I'm speechless at about the police aspect of it tbh.

magentastardust Mon 22-Oct-12 00:17:46

Donald Trump tweeted the film director a few days ago calling him a loser and telling him he had zero talent and calling the local residents 'morons'!!

ProfYaffle Mon 22-Oct-12 07:02:28

dh and I watched it - totally shocking. Between this, phone hacking, Hillsborough, Jimmy Saville I don't know what sort of country we live in any more.

Does anyone know what happened to the guy with the £2k bill for the fence he didn't want? And did the film maker complain about the police after he was arrested?

BooCanary Mon 22-Oct-12 07:06:52

DH and I were glued to it last night like this -> shock !

Absolutely unbelievable behaviour by the police. Those poor residents - living in some kind of nightmare.

FiveFlowers Mon 22-Oct-12 08:02:14

I watched the programme in total shock. Donald Trump is a vile, nasty piece of work.

It just goes to show that money can buy anything.

And I am speechless at the actions of the police shock

weblette Mon 22-Oct-12 08:12:49

I was guessing that the chief constable of Grampian must be a golfer

corlan Mon 22-Oct-12 08:23:12

Another one that watched open mouthed - it was a frightening demonstration of how loudly money talks.

The politicians that allowed that development to go ahead are rotten to the core.

Meglet Mon 22-Oct-12 09:20:24

I missed it. Will have to keep my eye open for a repeat.

SoniaGluck Mon 22-Oct-12 14:58:12

Meglet It's on iplayer: here

bureni Mon 22-Oct-12 15:01:33

One of the most sickening programmes I have ever seen, that scumbag trump has no morals at all, the police and planning authority are even worse for doing his bidding.

FiveFlowers Mon 22-Oct-12 19:16:28

The stoicism and dignity of the residents was inspiring.

What they went through without water and electricity was appalling.

I know the film could have been heavily edited, but DT was shown to shamefully refer to them as 'morons' in their 'slums'.

And I suspect you're right weblette.

magentastardust Mon 22-Oct-12 19:59:05

It is being repeated at 00.20 tonight on BBC 2. Donald Trumps lawyers tried to stop it being shown apparently !

Waswondering Mon 22-Oct-12 22:16:40

We also watched it like this shock ... particularly re the police.

The course is now open - the local paper wrote up that a dozen or so competition winners (from the paper's comp) teed off at the weekend.

We live near it and didn't know that they were shifting sands from nearby Balmedie - it is a worry what it will do to the dune system.

thixotropic Mon 22-Oct-12 22:44:55

I hope that with the changes in financial climate that it fails in a ruinously expensive way and sinks beneath the sea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now