Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone see last night's the thick of it?

(22 Posts)
quietbatperson Sun 21-Oct-12 17:28:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigmouthstrikesagain Sun 21-Oct-12 17:32:57

It was fab and I am looking forward to next week. Terri and Malcolm were on top form - Macolm's expressions were as expressive as his words. If only all comedy was as well observed and brilliantly performed.

quietbatperson Sun 21-Oct-12 18:44:58

Euphemia Sun 21-Oct-12 18:59:02

I thought it was wonderful - the inquiry panel were great, so natural. Malcolm's final, indignant speech ("How dare you!") was inspired.

I don't take many politicians seriously anyway, but after seeing TTOA all I hear from them is lies, manipulation and obfuscation!

Armando Iannucci is a god amongst men.

BadgersBottom Sun 21-Oct-12 19:22:23

What do you mean 'last one ever' next week? Really? But really? shock

Tell me it's not true!

BadgersBottom Sun 21-Oct-12 19:23:10

Oh and OP - I just bloody love your nickname! grin

Euphemia Sun 21-Oct-12 19:24:08

Tweet today from Armando:

"@Aiannucci: Once again, thanks for your lovely tweets. One more ep to go. next week's #thickofit will be the final ep of the last ever series. #ttoi"

sad

BadgersBottom Sun 21-Oct-12 19:25:13

No NO NO! NOooooooooooooooooooo.

<<traumatised>>

Finbar Mon 22-Oct-12 08:40:30

I thought it was a brave change to teh normal programme. I t did require some staying power - But they were all brilliant and acted exactly how you think their characters would in an inquiry.
Agree Malcolm Tucker 's speech was priceless...."you're all in this room because you've bent the rules"

Vagaceratops Mon 22-Oct-12 12:43:33

I love Terri.

I will miss the show. Its one of the best things on telly.

DuffyMoon Mon 22-Oct-12 12:58:08

FGS I have only just started watching it this series - how have I missed it, its FAB...and now its ending sad

Vagaceratops Mon 22-Oct-12 13:06:08

You can get series 1-3 on Amazon for £12.00

Pagwatch Mon 22-Oct-12 13:12:19

It was brilliant. Love it.

Euphemia Mon 22-Oct-12 18:41:16

When Terri was asked whether Malcolm was intimidating or a bully or whatever, and she replied "Not in comparison to some of his countrymen," I bet she was remembering the wonderful Jamie.

Caerlaverock Mon 22-Oct-12 18:42:25

I thought it was tedious

quietbatperson Mon 22-Oct-12 18:54:48

ZenNudist Mon 22-Oct-12 23:08:21

Just watched episode 6. Thought it was the last one and Malcolm was finished. Glad to hear there is episode 7 still to go.

I thought it was brilliantly acted. At one point I thought Malcolm tucker was going to do for other members of the panel too to get out of it!

It's the funniest thing in television ever. Would strongly urge all fan of thick of it to watch Veep. IA's US equivalent programme.

slartybartfast Tue 23-Oct-12 08:55:53

i really enjoyed it, i normally turn it over because so much swearing <<prude>> but saturday's was briliant.

BadgersBottom Tue 23-Oct-12 12:09:24

batperson - I don't think anyone handed him the folder unless I've completely missed something. Oh - maybe I've completely missed something - are you saying someone got one over on Malcolm? Will rewatch taped episodes and let you know.

quietbatperson Wed 24-Oct-12 12:17:14

Snorbs Wed 24-Oct-12 12:30:54

All of the episodes from this series are still on BBC iPlayer.

BadgersBottom Wed 24-Oct-12 19:03:23

He was being obtuse is our conclusion - we've watched the folder episode (honestly! The things I do for you!!) and we have decided that Malcolm was guilty as hell of having those numbers (illegally acquired!) and that his answer to the hearing was deliberately obtuse and one from which there was no possible comeback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now