Talk

Advanced search

Be Your Own Boss BBC3

(5 Posts)
cdw97 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:02:44

Anyone been watching this? I was on it tonight - with the BabyHUB portable travel cot/playpen. There have been two other baby products - Myyfeed and Cargo booster seat/case. I'd like to know what people think of the product and programme? (I have asked Mumsnet Towers if I can post this). It was a great experience being part of a TV programme - we made huge progress in just a few weeks.

cdw97 Wed 17-Oct-12 22:11:16

No one? I'm off to bed now

cdw97 Thu 18-Oct-12 11:37:40

Nobody watched it? sad

TheSilverPussycat Thu 18-Oct-12 23:54:48

Me! I watched it. Liked your product smile although as kids are grown will have to buy it when I am a granma (if ever!)

I quite liked the programme, but would have liked more details as to how people went about doing things - I mean, there was quite a lot of footage of people making phonecalls that got nowhere. And you going from the aim of licencing to getting it manufactured - how on earth do you find someone to do that?

cdw97 Sat 27-Oct-12 20:06:40

Hello, sorry, just seen your post. What was shown was only about 15 minutes from many full days of filming. During the 6 weeks we arranged meetings with Boots, Mothercare, Mamas and Papas, the editor of Prima Baby magazine, STR safety testing and Designworks. during the recession we found that retailers did not want to license products so when Boots said they liked it and wanted to introduce us to one of their distributors, but we'd need to get it manufactured we jumped at the chance. Taking part in the programme was really good fun, with a lovely TV crew and I'd recommend it to anyone.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now