Are you watching Walking with Dogs?

(31 Posts)
lighthousekeeping Mon 15-Oct-12 21:24:52

On Hampstead Heath. Its fascinating.

WhoopsieDoo Mon 15-Oct-12 21:27:36

I am watching. Very interesting.
My dog is glued to it!

Rollergirl1 Mon 15-Oct-12 21:28:03

It's excellent, I'm really enjoying it! Who is the woman behind the camera? I recognise her voice.

SavoyCabbage Mon 15-Oct-12 21:28:09

What is it about?

Rollergirl1 Mon 15-Oct-12 21:30:33

Jesus Christ, I'm sorry but there's an accident waiting to happen with that Mastif in the small flat with the kid!

lighthousekeeping Mon 15-Oct-12 21:32:04

Its about dogs and their owners on Hampstead Heath. Their stories are fascinating.

BeatTheClock Mon 15-Oct-12 21:33:27

Yes I thought that. Omg he's blowing a whistle at itsad

My cat seems obsessed with this programme. He glued to the front of the tvconfused

WhoopsieDoo Mon 15-Oct-12 21:33:51

I missed that bit Roller, what one was that?
Some of these stories are lovely. I have never seen a leoberger in the UK before, only in America

SavoyCabbage Mon 15-Oct-12 21:34:39

Thanks. It sounds interesting.

Rollergirl1 Mon 15-Oct-12 21:42:11

Whoops, the young guy who was in prison who has a little boy. The mum is currently in prison and he has just got a massive French mastiff, that social services don't know about. The kid (about 3) lifted the dogs ear and blew a whistle in it!

LottieJenkins Mon 15-Oct-12 21:45:01

I am loving it. I have an awful feeling i am heading like Sheila!! grin wink shock

lighthousekeeping Mon 15-Oct-12 21:46:32

That lady who's husband is in hospital sad do you think the daughter lives in London? Im worried about where she is staying!

LottieJenkins Mon 15-Oct-12 21:50:45

I think the ladies who find the bodies are funny......."*another dead body??*"
That poor couple whos son died...............sad

ggirl Mon 15-Oct-12 21:50:50

This is making me miss having a dog.

lighthousekeeping Mon 15-Oct-12 21:59:48

Me too. I was brought up with Staffies. Its such a shame they have a reputation now. When we had them, no one else did.

This is when I hate living in a flat sad

LookBehindYou Mon 15-Oct-12 22:01:48

Yes watching and loving it!

AlmostAHipster Mon 15-Oct-12 22:06:14

I'm sorry I missed this - what channel was it on, please?

kerstina Mon 15-Oct-12 22:08:00

Really enjoyed this BBC at its best. They all had their stories. I would love a dog always had cats but when I was at a really low point in my life I had a real craving for a dog. I just knew it would make me feel better.

AandAmom Mon 15-Oct-12 22:08:30

Loved it, so true about dogs makin you forget all the other crap that life throws at you !

halfnhalf Mon 15-Oct-12 22:09:07

I really enjoyed the way people were interviewed, they were asked straightforward questions in a way that didn't make them look small. The dogs were lovely (except for that great big one, I couldn't believe Social Services let that man keep it, with a small child around).

lighthousekeeping Mon 15-Oct-12 22:10:58

I have a feeling that the couple with the baby wont keep the alsation. I hope Im wrong.

chimchar Mon 15-Oct-12 22:17:52

I'm not a massive fan of dogs, but watched simply because it was on...I was really drawn in and had a few tears at more than one point.

It reminded me that everyone has a story, and that people are struggling day to day. We see the outside face that people put on. Really got me thinking.

I like the idea of having a dog. Dd is desperate. I'm not quite ready to consider it yet.....but this was a good advert for dogs!

mum47 Mon 15-Oct-12 22:23:10

I came across it by accident - it was brilliant. Amazing the stories that people have. I was fascinated by how the woman from the hostel's story developed, but I felt quite concerned for her dog. Think the couple with the baby are not quite grasping the reality of their situation! Got quite sniffy at the woman whose husband was in hospital as my dh had something similar but luckily came out withoutany side effects - made me do that appreciating my life thing we all do for about two seconds before getting cross that the toilet seat is covered in wee again (ds, not dh!)

lighthousekeeping Mon 15-Oct-12 22:25:48

Can you imagine your husband been transferred to the other side of the country? how would anyone cope? I couldnt get my head around it.

I missed the story of the guy with the five dogs and the servant, just caught the end of it. I love seeing how the other half live smile

yesbutnobut Mon 15-Oct-12 22:38:24

I live near the heath and walk there every day. I'm on first name terms with Sheila and Milly Snowflakes - they're great. Milly is a rescue dog with white tufts of hair in her coat, hence her name. She doesn't have a great diet though (I once met them picnicking on scotch eggs and coleslaw - Milly has her own plate!). What a lovely programme - I loved Zen the staff
too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now