Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bloody Downton Abbey!

(16 Posts)
Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 14-Oct-12 21:57:00

It's turned into bloody Eastenders.

Someone has a baby but oh no, they can't be allowed to watch it grow up and all live a happy life together. They've got to die. It's turned into a soap opera.

Poor Tom. sad

Poor Sybil. sad

ditzydrawers Sun 14-Oct-12 22:24:43

I found it really upsetting. It was pretty graphic.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 14-Oct-12 22:33:13

I was looking forward to a cosy happy little family with the new baby and Mary getting a bit jealous and Edith cooing and being the babysitter. All the staff being pleased and Lord & Lady being nanny and grandad. All lovely and settled.

Bloody scriptwriters. No, let's have a bit of grief and sorrow instead.

Disclaimer - we only lost dh's mum last month. I can't cope with any more sadness in my life!

DoodleAlley Sun 14-Oct-12 23:24:35

I'm pregnant and was in floods of tears.

I used to watch it for a little bit of tension but secretly knowing it would all be ok in the end. It's no where near as enjoyable to watch am seriously considering ditching it.

Period depressing soap opera

foxymoon487 Mon 15-Oct-12 02:17:18

Aching with sadness

HorridHeffalumpsWickedWoozles Mon 15-Oct-12 02:21:16

After last weeks Ethel story I thought I'd be safe this week but no just as bad, in floods again sad

beujolais Mon 15-Oct-12 12:20:02

I didn't see it coming, sybil?! Was harrowing. I don't think cora will forgive lord grantham, she thinks he is to blame. I can't believe sybil died!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Oct-12 12:26:46

I can't either. Didn't think they'd stoop so low.

What's to be the cliff hanger at the end of the series then? World War 2 dropping a bomb on the Abbey?

LouMacca Mon 15-Oct-12 12:27:38

Gutted :-( Did not see that coming!!

beujolais Mon 15-Oct-12 13:07:33

They seem to mean business this time, think they are trying to make up for the inconsistencies in series two. Maybe they will counteract sybils death with bates release. They do need to inject a bit more happiness!

Northernlurkerisbehindyouboo Mon 15-Oct-12 13:13:35

Gloomy Bates being released from prison would NOT make up for lovely Sybil dying tragically. It was awful. Husband and mother begging her to breathe - eeeek! <<sob>>

KurriKurri Mon 15-Oct-12 17:12:39

I was shouting 'do something' at the telly - Dr Posh-London-Smartarse and Dr I-Misdiagnose-Everything, just stood there gawping and saying 'it's too late', surely they could have done CPR and an emergency tracheotomy (or something else medical) . Halfwits.

Poor Sybil, I think she actually died of storyline starvation, and we've-gone-as-far-as-we-can-with-this-characteritis.

Loopy4got Mon 15-Oct-12 17:17:51

My eyes were leaking watching it. It was very distressing to watch.

CremeEggThief Mon 15-Oct-12 17:20:12

sad. Was looking forward to it. Ended up in tears instead sad.

Piggychunk Tue 16-Oct-12 14:09:49

I was shouting at TV do something, don't just stand there. Was so so sad sad

80sMum Tue 16-Oct-12 14:14:33

It brought home to me how fortunate we are that pregnancy and childbirth in this country is so much safer than it was when our great grandmothers were giving birth. It was all a bit of a lottery back then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now