Talk

Advanced search

BBc4 Difford and tilbrook

(25 Posts)
noddyholder Fri 12-Oct-12 20:58:24

Documentary about squeeze. In house alone Heaven!

EdithWeston Fri 12-Oct-12 21:02:13

Saw them this morning on Breakfast TV: felt very nostalgic.

They still sound good!

Holland going to be on too?

EdithWeston Fri 12-Oct-12 21:03:18

Aagghh - the beard!!!!!

noddyholder Fri 12-Oct-12 21:06:02

I was in love with Glenn for years

out2lunch Fri 12-Oct-12 21:07:37

they are fab

difficultpickle Fri 12-Oct-12 21:08:50

noddy, me too. Still am blush

difficultpickle Fri 12-Oct-12 21:10:45

Just turned over. WTF is that beard? Are they remaking Catweazle? Glenn used to be utterly gorgeous. shock

EdithWeston Fri 12-Oct-12 21:12:41

It could have it's own solo career, couldn't it?

"Take Me I'm Yours" was 'our record' for me and a someone who used to look very good in leather trousers.

BeatTheClock Fri 12-Oct-12 21:15:51

All on record - Sqeeze brilliantgrin.

I sometimes think if it wasn't for BBC4 I'd probably give up on tv. I love that channel.

noddyholder Fri 12-Oct-12 21:37:06

Love them Like my dp and his romantic musician mates. Every song a classic

Pagwatch Fri 12-Oct-12 21:41:21

Oh dear god, all these memories.
So many great songs. I remember seeing them in a tiny club in dartford as a kick off or a tour. Brilliant.

I was queuing and some bloke tried to push past me so I elbowed him. Glen Tilbrook. blush

He was hot in a really cute hot way wasn't he?

noddyholder Fri 12-Oct-12 21:43:46

God yes I saw the too in London about 85 I think. He was my all time top totty at that stage grin.

Pagwatch Fri 12-Oct-12 21:49:21

Oh blimey, this is all a bit sad isn't it. I had no idea that Chris Diford became so low

Pagwatch Fri 12-Oct-12 22:34:40

I have just bought two tickets to see them in November grin

Just need to explain to DH now ...

noddyholder Fri 12-Oct-12 23:02:22

smile

wordassociationfootball Sat 13-Oct-12 20:29:39

Oh so brill. I have been you tubing songs I'd forgotten I knew, the words just tumbling out. Superb band. I thought it was just me 4 Glenn... was the only girl I knew who liked him. Special, special songs and singer.

LeeCoakley Sat 13-Oct-12 20:37:33

Ha ha. Another one here who loved Glenn in the old days and was shock at the beard! When I switched on at first I thought it was Chas from Chas n Dave. grin

I'm pleased that they are together again. I never tire of listening to Glenn's voice and his music was genius.

Am well jealous Pagwatch!

joanofarchitrave Sat 13-Oct-12 20:38:02

Saw them live in 1991 with a not particularly enthusiastic crowd - apart from me jumping up and down and shouting 'WHOO' at irritatingly regular intervals. Also said 'Goodnight' to Glenn as he stomped away looking deeply fed up (but he still said Goodnight back, or possibly Go away.

LeeCoakley Sat 13-Oct-12 21:14:08

Have just booked tickets for November 28th!! Really excited! Dp grumpily said he'd come with me. Hopefully I can find someone more enthusiastic before then and leave him here grin

joanofarchitrave Sat 13-Oct-12 21:49:57

Ay'm free

LeeCoakley Sun 14-Oct-12 10:20:52

Joan, when I told dp you were free he came over all indignant and said he was looking forward to the concert. Yeah, I bet.

Euphemia Mon 15-Oct-12 16:00:08

I saw Glenn Tilbrook doing an unplugged gig in Edinburgh years ago - just him and his guitar. Beautiful! Squeeze got me through my early teens - love them!

Euphemia Mon 15-Oct-12 16:01:44

My pal and I went backstage in 1991 - Chris and Glenn were lovely; that grumpy drummer git who used to be in The Attractions just sat and glowered at us. Johnny come lately! angry

bruffin Mon 15-Oct-12 16:04:32

I saw them at the Paul Carrick 50th birthday concert. I loved Squeeze when I was young. They are appearing in Cambridge in November and friend is going to see them. May try and persuede DH

ArcticRoll Mon 15-Oct-12 17:29:21

Really enjoyed this programme-when i was a teenager i was adored Squeeze.
Noddy-I was in love with Glenn Tilbrook too! Although seeing him in this documentary he has not aged particularly well-wtf was that beard?
His voice is still fantastic though, I saw him doing unplugged gig in pub in Herne Hill years ago and his voice was heavenly.
Saw Squeeze play last year and have tickets to see them next month too as it was such a great gig. Full of balding men and wrinkled women middle aged women (ie me!)singing along to Labelled with Love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now