Talk

Advanced search

Dear god I have Strictly tickets!! How early do I have to queue?!?

(13 Posts)
bean612 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:36:21

That's it really. Will be nearly 6 months PG and I bet the weather will be shite, but I'm guessing if we don't get there early then we won't get in. So excited though!

EthelredOnAGoodDay Mon 08-Oct-12 16:37:35

Oooh what date for?!!! I have applied and had given up all hope, whilst also thinking, this MUST be our year, we've never had any yet! grin

bean612 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:40:28

Oh Ethelred I know, me too! But it seems I shall go to the ball. It's the 20th October, so not this Sat but the next. Will keep my fingers crossed for you...

EthelredOnAGoodDay Mon 08-Oct-12 16:43:51

Amezing! Am sooooenvy! We went to see filming of shooting stars at television centre about 4 years ago, was a great experience. Think we had to be there about an hour before??? It will be brilliant. I am thinking there is a reasonable chance we might get them this year as on the date we've applied, we also have a wedding reception invite! grin

bean612 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:49:25

Shameless bumping. Any advice, oh wise ones? I fear my post may just be annoying people... (sorry!!)

Gooseysgirl Mon 08-Oct-12 19:58:20

Huuuuge congrats bean... It is great fun! My advice is to get there early... If doors open at 2.30, get there at 11.30. Not everyone with tickets will get in!! It is ok to get someone else to queue for you... I would do this, or else bring a fold up stool with you. Last time I was there, two of the women queuing near me got their husbands to queue most of the time while they went shopping in Westfield! Once you're in, you will be held in a waiting area with a rubbish caf and BBC shop so make sure you have a big lunch. Stick out that bump and tell the security guards you can't stand for long periods of time and they will bring you to the studio early.. You will get great seats. Did this when I went with MIL as she is awaiting knee replacement and can't stand for very long, we were given seats near the judges. My DM will be gutted as we were hoping for tickets for the 20th and we mustn't have got them sad but can't really complain as I've been twice! Enjoy smile

lalalonglegs Mon 08-Oct-12 20:40:33

Well done bean. How do you go about applying for tickets? Is it too late to put my name in the hat for later in the series - my daughter would absolutely adore it.

talkingnonsense Mon 08-Oct-12 20:44:54

How can you get tickets but not get in?! Wots the point of a ticket then?

bean612 Mon 08-Oct-12 21:18:24

lalalonglegs - you need to apply via the BBC website sometime in September for specific dates (or you can apply for every single date, like I did!). There's a deadline though, which unfortunately has passed for this year's series. You can sign up here for alerts, so at least you'll be able to apply next year smile

talkingnonsense - I know, but I think it's because not everyone will turn up on the day (who are these people?!?!). They have to send out more tickets than there are places so there aren't lots of empty seats if there are lots of no-shows.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Mon 08-Oct-12 21:47:33

Goosey, you've been twice?!?!?!envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy
I have applied every year since it bloody well started for the last five or six years and never had a sniff of a ticket.

sad

Fingers crossed for this year!

Gooseysgirl Mon 08-Oct-12 21:58:43

Ethel I was lucky... First time round DH was rather surprised to get tickets, as ahem.. he hadn't actually applied for them, I used his email and his old address to give myself a better chance of getting them. He tortured me for a few days by saying he didn't know who he was going to bring!!!! Second time round a friend had tickets and couldn't go abd gave them to me! My strategy is to apply for lots of dates using DM, DMIL, DSis and my own email, address etc in the hopes that one if us gets lucky...

lalalonglegs Mon 08-Oct-12 22:06:41

Thanks - I've just signed up, I'm quite shocked to see that Mrs Brown's Boys is fully booked too confused.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Mon 08-Oct-12 22:11:08

Good tactic goosey if I'm unsuccessful this year, I will try that for next year! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now