Talk

Advanced search

BBC's Ghostwatch is on TiVo!

(9 Posts)
cheesymonster Tue 02-Oct-12 13:01:57

This was mentioned on a recent thread about scary film/tv shows and I'm watching it again now. I remember watching it first time round when I was a teen in the nineties and I was terrified!

whatkungfuthat Tue 02-Oct-12 14:34:41

Is this the thing with Sarah Greene? I was telling DP about it the other day <goes off to search tivo>

cheesymonster Tue 02-Oct-12 14:36:46

That's the one! Just finished watching it and I'm scared, thank god I watched it during the day <wimp>

whatkungfuthat Tue 02-Oct-12 14:46:02

"it's pipes!" grin

KayHarker Tue 02-Oct-12 17:16:47

I recall watching this while babysitting. I was sitting in a lounge that looked over a garden that backed onto countryside and had no curtains. When it was finished I tried turning the channels to have something light on, but it was all scary stuff. Never been so freaked out before or since grin

iliketea Tue 02-Oct-12 20:21:22

I've just watched this. I remember being terrified as a teenager, and my parents telling me it was fake after I had nightmares. The acting is hilarious!

Meid Tue 02-Oct-12 20:25:15

I was 19 and lived on my own... I was so scared I had to call my mum to come and get me and I stayed the night at her place. blush
If I remember correctly they did not say it was made up, hence so many people (myself included) being terrified.

shittingit Tue 02-Oct-12 21:50:41

I watched this as a kid/early teen watched it with a group of cousind and remember being sofreaout by it that I had to sleep with the light on for ages, also couldnt go to bathroom on my own. Made my cousin stand inside the bathroom with me. It was never advertised as entertainment, I'm sure it was marketed as real.

manticlimactic Wed 03-Oct-12 09:51:33

Ooh thank you! I remember watching it. It was billed as real. I remember papping myself when the figure was behind the curtain.

Will be putting this on later when DD is home from college - I may even pretend it's real <whistles>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now