Talk

Advanced search

Miranda is not fat

(18 Posts)
Whirliwig72 Sat 29-Sep-12 15:54:59

I have been watching the Series re-runs of Miranda recently and love them (her) BUT I find the little jokes she and the other characters make about her size rather tiring. She's got a cracking figure has she not? Amazing legs, nice curves, lovely long slender arms. It's so great to see a beautiful, funny, tall but curvy woman on the box. Yay go Miranda!!!!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 29-Sep-12 15:56:12

I think she is fab but must honestly say I wouldn't want her figure as my own < ignoring the fact that I'm plus 3 stone and 35 weeks pg >

SomebodySaveMe Sat 29-Sep-12 15:57:09

She's massive. Mainly height wise but still I can understand the size jokes and I've always thought it was more about her height than weight.

Osmiornica Sat 29-Sep-12 17:48:29

I thought the jokes were about her height not weight - haven't seen the new series yet though.

Rubirosa Sat 29-Sep-12 17:50:56

She is tall but she is overweight too - it doesn't look like she is a healthy weight to me.

RobinSparkles Sat 29-Sep-12 17:51:53

The jokes are about her height, I always thought. I think that she writes the show so it's probably a little bit to do with how she sees herself.

I love Miranda! smile

MrsjREwing Sat 29-Sep-12 17:55:38

The short costar manager and her Mum make her look bigger. Proportionally I would say she is overweight.

ThursdayWillBeTheDay Sat 29-Sep-12 18:00:41

Well she's certainly not thin.

Or funny.

<gets coat and runs>

WitchOfORANGEdor Sat 29-Sep-12 18:03:31

Whenever Terry Pratchett writes about Lady Sybil Vimes I picture Miranda. Slightly Wagnerian and like a galleon in full sail ( can you imagine Miranda in one of those breastplates swooping down to carry a fallen hero away?)

Ilovedaintynuts Sat 29-Sep-12 18:25:02

Oh I think she's quite overweight. She would be your typical 'big boned' girl, wouldn't she? I wouldn't want her figure, very manly and unfeminine.
She's lovely though and very self-deprecating.

CMOTDibbler Sat 29-Sep-12 18:27:58

I don't think she's particularly overweight - but I don't like all the jokes about her size. She's the same height/shape as me, and don't think its manly at all

PorkyandBess Sat 29-Sep-12 18:32:37

I saw an episode recently where she stripped off to her bra.

She is quite fat.

I think the jokes are about her height/build though, not fatness.

susiedaisy Sat 29-Sep-12 18:35:03

Saw an episode last night where she was in bra pants and tights for about five seconds and i didn't think she was fat at all, big built as in tall and probably wears big shoes etc but not fat!!

talkingnonsense Sat 29-Sep-12 18:39:48

At 6 ft tall she could weigh up to 13 stone and have a healthy bmi.

shittingit Sat 29-Sep-12 19:18:29

Don't think she is fat or curvy, kinda lumpy/dumpy for a really tall person which I know doesn't make sense, but that's how she looks to me. Don't find her particularly funny either.

HippoPottyMouth Sat 29-Sep-12 20:00:30

I wouldn't describe her as curvy! She's pretty straight up and down to me. She is probably a bit overweight but obviously dresses to make herself look worse in the programme.
I thought the scene where she was running down the road in her tights was quite flattering smile

Dillydollydaydream Sat 29-Sep-12 20:04:25

Yes I saw the episode last night and didn't think she looked fat either.

YouMayLogOut Sat 29-Sep-12 20:07:07

She's very funny, as well as intelligent and self-deprecating.

TBH I wouldn't have noticed her height/size/shape if she hadn't mentioned it herself. I don't care what she looks like, I watch her shows for her humour smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now