Talk

Advanced search

999 What's Your Emergency?

(6 Posts)
BertieBotts Fri 28-Sep-12 23:22:25

Anyone watching this? I think it's great - almost OBEM standard!

The DV episode this week was really sad sad

Empusa Sat 29-Sep-12 18:34:27

It was desperately sad, though the proposal at the end was just wonderful!

ceebeegeebies Mon 01-Oct-12 14:47:28

Empusa interesting that you thought the proposal was wonderful. I know the people involved and tbh, I was sat there watching it cringing as I thought it was too false and set-up...but I don't know if that was because I know them. I am also not convinced that that was how the ambulance service wanted to be portrayed on television hmm

Having spoken to others that also know them, we all felt the same but I did wonder whether I would have felt differently if it was 2 random strangers that I had never set eyes on before. Clearly from an outsiders perspective, it was wonderful grin

Looking forward to tonight!

BertieBotts Mon 01-Oct-12 23:23:13

Oh I loved the ambulance couple, they seemed really lovely together. The proposal was a bit cheesy but in a nice way - I thought it was quite romantic grin Possibly not romantic if he really does propose every week though...

Just waiting for this week's episode to come onto 4od now...

WarmAppleCrumbleAndIceCream Sun 21-Oct-12 11:34:11

Not sure about this series. Last week they covered mental health and I think it is wrong to expose vulnerable people on TV like this. Especially the schitzophrenic patient. I don't like the attitude of some of the coppers either. Some come accross as being quite arrogant.

Wingedharpy Sun 21-Oct-12 17:12:25

I've really enjoyed this series and think it has shown just what the emergency services have to deal with in the course of their work.
The abuse of the services by some folk is really quite scandleous.(?sp)
I know what you mean re: vulnerable people being filmed WarmApple.
I wonder do they have to get consent from these individuals before they show the film?
The gent with schitzophrenia was clearly in no fit state to consent to being filmed but may have been able to consent some time down the line after treatment.
It was heartening to see the alcoholic gent (can't remember his name) at the end. He was like a different person and the ambulance man who dealt with him during his crisis was just a star.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now