Talk

Advanced search

I can't wait for Homefront tonight

(20 Posts)
lighthousekeeping Thu 27-Sep-12 17:57:51

I have fond memories of Soldier Soldier!

sailorsgal Thu 27-Sep-12 20:48:55

Me too! grin

Hope its going to be good.

crackcrackcrak Thu 27-Sep-12 21:15:21

Cried already sad spoke to lovely ex this week who wants to go back to his reg and active combat - dreading it sad

sailorsgal Thu 27-Sep-12 21:18:19

It must be very raw for those who have dhs/partners serving at the moment.

I was close to tears when they got that knock on the door. sad

wishiwasonholiday Thu 27-Sep-12 21:18:23

That scene where they arrived to notify the family was making me shiver, how awful must that be praying they don't stop at your door.

mummytasha11 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:16:10

Enjoyed it. Hopefully will get more of a insight in day to day as the weeks go on.

Saltire Thu 27-Sep-12 22:39:31

Was more bemused by the houses actually. I don't think I've ever seen an mQ with wallpaper, do any actually have it?

SoggySummer Thu 27-Sep-12 22:43:10

I agree Saltire not just the wall paper but the very dark colours that would take for ever to paint back to the bog standard magnolia. Infact I dont think I saw a single drop of magnolia in any of those houses.

I cringed through most of it and thought some of the acting was horrendous.

As DH is away atm and I am spending every night sat here alone I think I will end up watching the series - if only to to rip it apart. <<bored emotion>>

SoggySummer Thu 27-Sep-12 22:43:44

Not one MHS van doing the rounds on the estate either!

Saltire Thu 27-Sep-12 22:46:00

soggy same here, we are 4 and 3/4 months into a 6 monther - unusual for the RAF, but I am only just stpping myself from tipping over the edge.

Anyway back to teh show, I don't know if I will watch any more of it, I may do just to see if magnolia does make an appearance at some point

midori1999 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:50:55

I quite liked it, although the quarters were not typical! I know lots of people with wallpaper, dark colours of paint and even laminate flooring though.

It did make me well up when they got the knock, awful for anyone to have to go through that. sad

SoggySummer Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:40

I will see how bored I get over the coming weeks and perhaps email the producers with some home truths! grin

At least with Soldier Soldier it was filmed in RL MQs. We have the same fittings, lightshades, some carpets, kitchen and curtains as a 1989 Soldier Soldier episode. We watched some old ones last year and laughed that 23 years later the MQs have not changed at all unless of course you live in "Grand Designs Homefront Barracks" grin

SoggySummer Thu 27-Sep-12 22:55:44

I thought most the acting was crap! So it didnt move me much at all.

hf128219 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:57:03

God it was dreadful. Sorry!

lighthousekeeping Thu 27-Sep-12 23:12:09

Where was it filmed?

Saltire Fri 28-Sep-12 10:49:07

Where was it filmed?
not in real married quarters that's for sure grin.

wintera Fri 28-Sep-12 10:56:30

I live in Widnes in Cheshire and some of it was filmed round here, it was in our local paper yesterday. Also filmed in Warrington and Frodsham too I believe.

wintera Fri 28-Sep-12 10:57:40

A friend of mine reckons her mate's house was also used for filming too so not real soldiers housing I don't think!

SoggySummer Fri 28-Sep-12 14:23:26

I recognised some bits around Brize Norton! Well - one of the pubs tbh blush!

jcscot Sat 29-Sep-12 22:40:23

Have taped it so that the husband and I can play UF bingo while watching it as he's home next weekend.

Wallpaper in a MQ and no magnolia? Basic errors already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now